MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

The next project....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buyer beware IMO. Crappy situation for sure but a deal is a deal, you both agreed to it voluntarily and you can't argue that you didn't have a chance to look it over before accepting.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550
Buyer beware IMO. Crappy situation for sure but a deal is a deal, you both agreed to it voluntarily and you can't argue that you didn't have a chance to look it over before accepting.
I agree, might not be totally happy with it but its a nice truck.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTLFED_AWD
dang, i helped put the cam in that truck a few years ago, and i loved it then, very clean sharp truck, obvioulsy a few things have changed on it, sucks to hear you guys have a disagreement, Brain always been a good guy, and would help out when he could, thats why it just seems wierd, but who knows. One thing ive learned over time, money is the root of all evil, people that are "stand up guys" or "a buddy" of yours, will throw you under the bus or start bashing as soon as some green is involved. If thats all people are concerned about then I'd just rather not have them around me. No matter what condition that truck is in now, it definately has tons of potential. Good luck man.
The truck def has potential. I like the truck very much, I just wanted to see if he would help me a little on some of the things that I "thought" I wouldn't have to check that are now broken. I even made the call to him within a hour of leaving asking what I needed to pay him to meet me back in dallas and undo the deal, I was already 400-500 in just going to get it in a rental car and hotel and gas ect. I would have gladly given him 100 bucks for wasting his time and paid another 150 for a rental to get back home...... he declined and told me it was a done deal. I don't doubt Brian is a nice guy and stand up fella, Just wish it would have been that way for me. I hate that its going like this and I won't bash him, I just hoped he would give me a little help.......

Originally Posted by thunder550
For sure you are absolutely right, that's why I started this thread saying don't take anyone's word for it I laid under the truck and checked for leaks, opened the inside and looked around, Popped the hood and checked the fluids and took it up the road for about 3 miles. Did a short 60 hit and a first to second hit about 35. I told Brian that I own the truck if its like he described it to me and I held to my word when I got there, although it wasn't exactly how it was described (hood, and grille) I asked him what he could do he said 100 I said 200 he countered back with 150 I said no thanks, so he took off the 200. Now knowing that I was picky, he knew that I didn't need to see the roof cause that would be a deal breaker, and then the check engine light would have def done it (although I am not scared of the light its just aggravating). So now I own the truck, its going in the shop in a few weeks if I can afford to get the tailgate fixed and a new roll pan and some paint on those and then try to see how I can squeeze getting the roof and hood fixed. Its going to need a new hood and grille so that might wait. What I am getting at is this would be a pleasant experience if Brian would split the cost of fixing the roof, I don't think I am being un fair in asking for that even though I should have seen it, it was overlooked and basically "covered" up with dirt.

All in all it was a good transaction, other than the few details he left out the truck seems solid. I am not doubting that its a decent truck but I wasn't looking for a truck that needed to be fully painted and was a OK truck, I wanted one that was pretty nice and was about ready to go other than me doing some performance mods. So now instead of throwing the money at going fast its gonna take a bit to get it looking decent to my standards then I can play with it
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this thread serves just to reinforce the normal "buyer beware" that we constantly see. Let's leave it at that, and post up once you get it painted and fixed up.