MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

The next project....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
If its set up that way, there is a pressure difference between your crankcase and cylinder under light load while the manifold is in vacuum, so its prone to drawing oil up past the rings. In boost you're fine because the crankcase pressure can escape.

Maybe we need to get a good PCV thread/sticky going?
i AGREE!!!!!!!!!

PCV thread:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...7/#post4862112
Old 02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Im not going to throw any stones here. For $6800 you got more than your moneys worth! I even gave you $200 on the spot when u were not happy with the hood n grille which was described as having rock chips already. If u dont like it sell it. Im sure you can get your money back.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im ready to see how she does against the TBSS when I come home this weekend!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slimsilverado
Im not going to throw any stones here. For $6800 you got more than your moneys worth! I even gave you $200 on the spot when u were not happy with the hood n grille which was described as having rock chips already. If u dont like it sell it. Im sure you can get your money back.
Which is exactly why I started the post by saying I wasn't going to bad mouth you. Didn't you see that? No need to throw stones, I just explained it exactly how it was. When I did ask you to help me on the roof you told me to sell the titan wheels to pay for the paint work........ its all good though..... i own it now and ill just fix it and have fun with it, same reason I bought it for in the first place. Just wanted to see if you could give me a little help, I also think its a little childish posting our financial transaction info on the web.....

oh well thanks anyway
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if youve ever been a member of a forum but thats not a great way get respect. I hope you dont intend on selling anything in the near future with a perspective like that.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Launching!

For what its worth good luck with the truck, sorry your not happy with it.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Clearing the codes before you sold it was a dipshit thing to do
Old 02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Launching!

I did not clear any codes! I do not even own a code reader! I took it for a test drive before selling it to make sure there were no issues, I also drove it for 120 miles on the way to sell it no codes popped up, buyer drove it on test drive and it ran well. There are two sides to all things. For those of you not there it best to keep opnions to your selves. THanks Truck had previously thrown a lean code and it was suggested to replace the MAF unit so thats what i did. I had not idea the breather on the catch can would cause this. I learned something new. Once again good luck with the truck.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did not clear any codes! I do not even own a code reader! I took it for a test drive before selling it to make sure there were no issues, I also drove it for 120 miles on the way to sell it no codes popped up, buyer drove it on test drive and it ran well. There are two sides to all things. For those of you not there it best to keep opnions to your selves. THanks Truck had previously thrown a lean code and it was suggested to replace the MAF unit so thats what i did. I had not idea the breather on the catch can would cause this. I learned something new. Once again good luck with the truck.
As I said, no hard feelings..... I'm not gonna get on here and act like a douche and call names and point fingers, I just wanted some help on the roof repair, not to mention all the hail damage on the hood and roof that you told me was in "pretty good shape for a 2001" in the phone call. I drove 7 hours, I paid you for the truck, I made the mistake of taking your word and even bought the truck with it dirty so i couldn't tell the roof had cancer and not even vacuumed, I mean the offer to at least help me on the roof deal would be a stand up thing..... I know you won't do it so I wont harp on it. Ill move on and have fun working on this project.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Just like when you and I talked on the phone and i let you know it was raining and you said dont worry about cleaning or waxing the truck you would do that when you got the truck home.

Quick Reply: The next project....