MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

The next project....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

besides the point, you knew the roof was peeling and didn't bother to point it out, after i saw the grille and hood and asked for some help you still failed to mention that part..... its principal man. I know you are supposed to up play the truck you are selling but damn I was up front and honest with you and when I told you I was bringing cash and what time I would be there, I did exactly like I said. I would have just appreciated the same respect thats all.

its 400 bucks give or take to fix the roof, would you help me? split it?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slimsilverado
I did not clear any codes! I do not even own a code reader! I took it for a test drive before selling it to make sure there were no issues, I also drove it for 120 miles on the way to sell it no codes popped up, buyer drove it on test drive and it ran well. There are two sides to all things. For those of you not there it best to keep opnions to your selves. THanks Truck had previously thrown a lean code and it was suggested to replace the MAF unit so thats what i did. I had not idea the breather on the catch can would cause this. I learned something new. Once again good luck with the truck.
Just to throw in my .02

You say you drove it 120 miles from your dads house yet when chris called you about an hour from Dallas you said you had already dropped your dad off at home. Y'all must have been hauling ***.

Not pointing out the roof cancer was chicken ****, plain and simple. You can have low standards and say that "good condition" includes hail and chemical damage on the hood; that's cool, but to not point out something like that... Poor taste man.

MAF code. If I'd replaced the MAF a year ago because it was throwing codes, I'd have at least brought that up in conversation to a serious buyer. Not saying you cleared the code before you got there, but just kind of weird that it came on an hour, hour and a half into the trip home.

Lastly.. your solution to fix the MAF code was to put a speed density tune in it and your solution for the roof being to sell the wheels off the truck to pay for it is just a bitch move on your part.

That being said, all things will be resolved and for the better.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Launching!

I refuse to further this converstation. For the money spend IMO you got a very good truck. All of the complaints are cosmetic, its not a show truck and was never described as such. The truck runs and drives as described. THanks
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

so did you not tell me that the outside of the truck was "in good shape for a 2001 other than the minor rock chip or scratch here and there from driving" ????? Yes that is what you said to me, so i guess clear peeling and hail damage on the hood and roof is from normal driving right? All I did was ask for some help, didn't want a show truck but I paid top dollar for a truck that was thought to be in top shape....... truthfully its not worth what I paid but It will be when I finish with it. Most everyone knows how I keep my stuff and that I am honest about it...... Guess not all people are like that........
Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Launching!

The amount paid is not top dollar if the truck was cosmetically perfect it would have brought a better price, and after all the name calling and bashing i have received on here no way am i going to kick in funds now to help you out.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont recall calling you a single name or bashing you at all, I just asked for some help, the intent of this thread was never to name call or bully your or whatever you are trying to accuse me of. I simply stated that I got home and the truck was not what it had been described to be. So if these guys take down whatever they say you will help me? I will guess most likely not because you never intended to, thats why I wasn't aware of the things wrong with the truck. I am being as humble and polite as I can be in asking for some help, you treat me like I am pushing you around. Let your conscious be your guide man.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slimsilverado
The amount paid is not top dollar if the truck was cosmetically perfect it would have brought a better price, and after all the name calling and bashing i have received on here no way am i going to kick in funds now to help you out.
There was no name calling. What if you drove your truck 200 miles to sell it and you find out the purchaser paid you a different amount than you two agreed upon. Would you not be slightly aggravated and have something to say? I know 99% of these people on this forum would. A negotiation is one thing but to leave out great details is another.
And for the bold area, you had no intentions of helping out. Am I right or wrong?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

It is curious the check engine light turned on after driving away since those codes are usually set after 2 or 3 restarts after being cleared, and the fact that you replaced the maf and added that filter a while ago makes it curious. Saying to just convert to a SD tune is a nice way of saying shut the fvck up and leave me alone dumbass, in my opinion. Kind of like not mentioning the broken console lid, pretty sorry.

Whats the deal with the bent crossmember? That is worth mentioning in my opinion. I understand you wanted to get rid of the truck, but its pretty sorry selling it without at least disclosing what you know about it. You said you were the only owner, so you must have known about it.

When I bought my white truck the previous owner wasnt that honest with me and I know how pissed I was when I found half of the interior bolts missing and and it smelling like *** once the gallon of febreeze wore off. Its really a shitty feeling once you realize you have been straight up lied to by a guy that just took you for a sucker.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

don't get me wrong guys its a nice truck, just wasn't what I expected to see after driving 7 hours there and 7 hours home...... I can deal with the console and the dented hood, and the cossmember but to flat out know the roof was peeling after seeing how particular I was and also having a conversation with you the Thursday evening before leaving telling you that I was particular and wanted to disclose anything and everything about the truck..... we briefly discussed the truck and I felt confident in what you told me and we shot the breeze about the guys you know from the Austin area and all that. I just was hoping that you would realize that I took my hard earned money to bring it over and buy a truck you were trying to sell, and paid a little more for it cause you told me you were having a kid and needed the extra money..... I just went through that, but now to find out you have a 2011 ext cab truck and treat me like I am the idiot for not noticing the spot on the roof...... Just isn't honest in my book.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

dang, i helped put the cam in that truck a few years ago, and i loved it then, very clean sharp truck, obvioulsy a few things have changed on it, sucks to hear you guys have a disagreement, Brain always been a good guy, and would help out when he could, thats why it just seems wierd, but who knows. One thing ive learned over time, money is the root of all evil, people that are "stand up guys" or "a buddy" of yours, will throw you under the bus or start bashing as soon as some green is involved. If thats all people are concerned about then I'd just rather not have them around me. No matter what condition that truck is in now, it definately has tons of potential. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: The next project....