MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Check out the end of this car chase...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

e officer ended up on the car's hood and fired twice,

I counted 7 shots.... hahah dang..
Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you gotta take the cops adrenaline into the situation too, not many people are put into a situation like that, its easy to say what shoulda been done
Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
you gotta take the cops adrenaline into the situation too, not many people are put into a situation like that, its easy to say what shoulda been done
Now there is a man who knows what he is talkin about....

Ive been in a situation where me and my buddy were attacked.. Adrenaline is noting to play with.. and its hard to make a decision "on the fly"
I drew my .40 and everything happened by instinct. It could have turned out very badly but i restrained at the last second.

When you get in a situation like that let me know what happens when its all said and done..
Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
e officer ended up on the car's hood and fired twice,

I counted 7 shots.... hahah dang..
I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Somebody can't count. Maybe they were referring to the 3:42 mark when the officer fired what looks to be two or three rounds.
The time on the hood definitely can't be confused with two rounds.
Regardless, it is a shame the guy lost his life. He obviously thought he needed to run and the cop thought he needed to stop him.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by Wide Open
I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Somebody can't count. Maybe they were referring to the 3:42 mark when the officer fired what looks to be two or three rounds.
The time on the hood definitely can't be confused with two rounds.
Regardless, it is a shame the guy lost his life. He obviously thought he needed to run and the cop thought he needed to stop him.
Well if i was a cop and i seen a car that was reported stollen... pulling it over would cross my mind.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Where's the Beef?

There are cases where a cop will pull someone over and as soon as they get to the door the person will start shooting at the cop. It happend here in oklahoma about a year ago or so. the cop ended up getting killed just because some psychopath couldn't obey traffic laws.
If cops get killed over a simple traffic stop, they might be a bit fearful of a guy that stole a car and refuses to stop the car after several attempts to disable it.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are trained to control that, the heat of the moment is no excuse for not using proper judgement. With that said I still think he made the right choice.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
They are trained to control that, the heat of the moment is no excuse for not using proper judgement. With that said I still think he made the right choice.
They're trained to a point, but the "blue ash, ohio" pd isn't swat. its not like they go through monthly training scenarios involving circumstances like this. perhaps they should, but then the blue ash citizens would be bishing about the taxes yada yada yada. but yea, i think he used proper judgement. not that jumping on the hood of a moving vehicle is proper judgement, but it did look pretty cool.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Training only takes you so far. If you ever have the chance (which I hope you don't) to have to defend yourself from a threat, you do what you have to do to protect yourself and your team, and neutralize the threat. There is not a best way in tactical scenarios or a solid this will work everytime flow chart to follow. You have to follow ROE, it doesnt always work the way it is modeled to.

He made the call, he will go before a GJ, if he was in the right so be it, I feel for him if he is found to be in the wrong.

I would hate to be a cop these days. Everyone nitt picks your every move. Stop punishing the good cops and be more strict with the jack ***' running from them.

Quick Reply: Check out the end of this car chase...