Miscellaneous Classifieds Anything not vehicle specific

MMATS Juggernaut and High current amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MMATS Juggernaut and High current amp

Well, my sister sold her car and took out the audio system that I designed and installed 5 years ago. Some of you may know that I was a SPL competitor back in the late 90's and did very well under the team name "Team Hertz" (undefeated world champ in 1999). Well, my sister reaped the rewards and allowed me to do a system in her car however now she is no longer interested in car audio and wishes to sell off the pieces. Here is what I have left after the vultures at the christmas party took dibs:

Both items are from MMATS Pro Audio --> http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/ourbegining.html

1 MMATS 12" Juggernaut - dual 3 inch aluminum 1.4 Ohm coils. This woofer is rated to handle 1500 watts RMS however, I have personally used Juggernaut woofers in competition and hit EACH COIL with 2000 watts RMS and it didn't even flinch. The 12" Juggernaut for sale has been barely broken in. In the enclosure I designed, this single 12" woofer hit 153.2 dB @ 57Hz measured on TermLab equipment. The amount of air this thing moves is amazing. Please keep in mind that this will NOT fit under the backseat of an SS. This woofer can function with 2.5 cubic feet of airspace however I suggest just under 4 cubic feet with 50 square inches of port area.

Picture:

1 MMATS pro audio D100HC (high current) Class D amplifier (also called the DHC1400.05). This amp is a perfect match for the above Juggernaut delivering 1400 watts RMS @0.5 Ohm. That is not PEAK power, that is RMS power. This is not a RadioShack amp! I fried my sister's alternator in her car during the first 5 minutes of testing even though it is an Ultra Efficient Class D amp. I would suggest an alternator upgrade go with this amp in order to use it to its full potential. This amp has the black powdercoated finish (most of what you find today is white or brushed aluminum)

I used the same amps during my competition days (however they were modified for more output) and never had a single issue with overheating or poor performance. MMATS takes a great deal of pride in their equipment and it shows. This amp has an internal adjustable Linkwitz/Riley low pass crossover with a 24dB / Octave slope so no need for an additional piece of audio equipment to buy. The power supply is dual regulated pulse-width-modulated. Internal circuits prevent you from incorrectly wiring the speakers. This amp will go down to 0.5 Ohm however using the above Juggernaut a theoretical 0.7 Ohm load will be seen (I measured 0.67 Ohm).

Spec sheet on the amp:

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/pdfs/DH...5%20Manual.pdf

MMATS pro audio is a Florida USA based company and is a great company to do business with. If your woofer or amp should EVER have an issue and need servicing, they will gladly take it back and rebuild it for you at a very reduced cost. The 2 items I am selling are fully functional and operate as intended.

New, these components are in well in excess of $1000.00. I am letting them go on my sister's behalf for $500.00 shipped to your door.

PayPal preferred however add the 3%
Old 12-31-2008, 08:19 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a strong setup. ttt for a very good seller!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to buy matts speaker and amp...850-544-6044(don)

Originally Posted by krambo
well, my sister sold her car and took out the audio system that i designed and installed 5 years ago. Some of you may know that i was a spl competitor back in the late 90's and did very well under the team name "team hertz" (undefeated world champ in 1999). Well, my sister reaped the rewards and allowed me to do a system in her car however now she is no longer interested in car audio and wishes to sell off the pieces. Here is what i have left after the vultures at the christmas party took dibs:

Both items are from mmats pro audio --> http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/ourbegining.html

1 mmats 12" juggernaut - dual 3 inch aluminum 1.4 ohm coils. This woofer is rated to handle 1500 watts rms however, i have personally used juggernaut woofers in competition and hit each coil with 2000 watts rms and it didn't even flinch. The 12" juggernaut for sale has been barely broken in. In the enclosure i designed, this single 12" woofer hit 153.2 db @ 57hz measured on termlab equipment. The amount of air this thing moves is amazing. Please keep in mind that this will not fit under the backseat of an ss. This woofer can function with 2.5 cubic feet of airspace however i suggest just under 4 cubic feet with 50 square inches of port area.

Picture:

1 mmats pro audio d100hc (high current) class d amplifier (also called the dhc1400.05). This amp is a perfect match for the above juggernaut delivering 1400 watts rms @0.5 ohm. That is not peak power, that is rms power. This is not a radioshack amp! I fried my sister's alternator in her car during the first 5 minutes of testing even though it is an ultra efficient class d amp. I would suggest an alternator upgrade go with this amp in order to use it to its full potential. This amp has the black powdercoated finish (most of what you find today is white or brushed aluminum)

i used the same amps during my competition days (however they were modified for more output) and never had a single issue with overheating or poor performance. Mmats takes a great deal of pride in their equipment and it shows. This amp has an internal adjustable linkwitz/riley low pass crossover with a 24db / octave slope so no need for an additional piece of audio equipment to buy. The power supply is dual regulated pulse-width-modulated. Internal circuits prevent you from incorrectly wiring the speakers. This amp will go down to 0.5 ohm however using the above juggernaut a theoretical 0.7 ohm load will be seen (i measured 0.67 ohm).

Spec sheet on the amp:

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/pdfs/dh...5%20manual.pdf

mmats pro audio is a florida usa based company and is a great company to do business with. If your woofer or amp should ever have an issue and need servicing, they will gladly take it back and rebuild it for you at a very reduced cost. The 2 items i am selling are fully functional and operate as intended.

New, these components are in well in excess of $1000.00. I am letting them go on my sister's behalf for $500.00 shipped to your door.

Paypal preferred however add the 3%
i want to buy your product
Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry man, I sold these about 18 months ago or so. They went quick.