Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

1Bear is the Man! And others that helped on cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1Bear is the Man! And others that helped on cam

This is member feedback of a different kind. Lots of times, I see member fb, & it's negative. I've only done feedback once or twice before, budhayes3 & IIRC, FLT as well; were who I gave a positive nod to before. Billy, cause he's an all out great guy who's helped me learn & FLT builds a nice tranny.

Anyway, as some know, I swapped a Comp 212/218 cam, springs, timing chain, & pinned the crank. 1Bear helped me thru a lot. Even tho I had a service manual, some things are just not in there. Or sometimes, a manual over complicates things. 1Bear walked me thru much of of the way, sitting on the phone & listening to me while I figured out (usually what he told me).

Some things he repeated, even if I had to call him & ask the same question again. He told me a couple tips & me not knowing any better, I tried it a different way. Not his awesome 2 tips he told me.
Someone scared me, so I didn't try 1 of his ideas, but later resorted to his idea. I found him to be right, & I then wondered why I didn't do that trick all along.

Many helped along the way as well & I wanna give credit to them too. AKlowriderZ71, Atomic, budhayes3, Doobie, OnyxSilveradoSS, skolman91 & to any others I left out. Thanks to all.

Jarrod, thank you. I consider you to be an asset to PT, but also my friend. The world needs more people like you.

Last edited by fastnblu; 09-22-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Cam is a 212/218 not a 212/219.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to here Tom. Glad you had a success with your cam swap, didn't run into any serious issues.. Next is the blower. You will have one stout truck..
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words, John. I hope it's gonna be stout. This cam totally transformed it. I absolutely love it!!! This is the way this thing shoulda been from the factory. Ya, I had issues. Broke off a bolt (that lil long 1 that goes into rear main cover & is unfortunately gonna have to stay in there & hope for no leak there, not how I've ever done things, but it is what it is), had a spark plug wire break (but I think it already was, judging by the discoloration of the black core.) Tightened balancer on to 240#, only to go get my crank pin kit, & realize that new balancer bolt had to come off & get another TTY bolt from dealer. So, a lot of things, some little, some a little more serious. My biggest nightmare was the valve keepers, but I'll know follow the trick 1Bear said to use to the letter. I also don't have to run & get the special tools anymore, cause I bought some.

All in all, if I had to do again, I could. Faster & mainly, I've learned from my mistakes. That's what it's all about.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i guess jerrod is alright LMAO nah, the guy if FULL of information...but doesnt post enough lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Awesome Tom, glad that you finally got it together and I'm glad that I was able to talk to you last night when you took her out for a spin! Thanks for the kind words brother, you've always been good to me too

That's a great list of guys that you have there, I know that I've learned a lot from Jarrod, and he's always gone out of his way to provide me with information that will help expand my knowledge, I value his opinion very much, he's definitely good people

Enjoy your truck now, and get it tuned so you can really feel what that cam has to offer!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i guess jarrod is alright LMAO nah, the guy if FULL of information...but doesnt post enough lol.
He absolutely is!!!

Just what Billy said in the next post. And yes, he doesn't post up enuff, Stewy.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tom, I don't mind helping those that will be helped. For some though

I'm just glad you've got her together and can now work on getting her tuned and start enjoying your hard work.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

what kind of tricks is 1bear turning out..? sorry doesnt sound right
and which is it, a 218or219 cam..?

Last edited by skolman91; 09-22-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad you got it all back together Tom! Are you gonna test the results at the track or on the dyno?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Truck Sponsor

Yep Jarrod is a very bright dude,and a good guy on top of that.
About 5 or 6 years ago,he helped me do a cam swap on my old 97 model I had at the time.
To this day we talk all the time
It was a cam everyone said was not possible to run in that engine,he proved them wrong!!

Quick Reply: 1Bear is the Man! And others that helped on cam