Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:01 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I thought they were already installed. My bad
Old 05-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It lives! New Jesel's cause a little bit of a problem and were catching on the edge of the valve cover making a terrible noise like something was bouncing around in a cylinder.

Took them off and clearanced them and reset valve preload and boom, it lives again!

Old 05-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Just an update - seems to be running better than ever. Oil looks good, no weird noises. I'd say I dodged a bullet.

I've put two tanks of fuel through it so far. The only issue I had was the AC wasn't working well on the freeway. $2.29 orifice tube and some fresh refrigerant and it's ice cold again.

Fuel trims are a little off, but that's from switching from the Deka 80's to the ID1050's. WOT it get's close to hitting the AF targets but it needs to be dialed in a bit more. Goes back on the dyno on June 2nd to get the treatment from NicD.

Keep you posted.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in AZ
Just an update - seems to be running better than ever. Oil looks good, no weird noises. I'd say I dodged a bullet.

I've put two tanks of fuel through it so far. The only issue I had was the AC wasn't working well on the freeway. $2.29 orifice tube and some fresh refrigerant and it's ice cold again.

Fuel trims are a little off, but that's from switching from the Deka 80's to the ID1050's. WOT it get's close to hitting the AF targets but it needs to be dialed in a bit more. Goes back on the dyno on June 2nd to get the treatment from NicD.

Keep you posted.
Glad to hear things are sorted out for you brother! So the only issue was the broken rocker arm?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by moregrip
Glad to hear things are sorted out for you brother! So the only issue was the broken rocker arm?
Thanks, and yeah. One piece, clean break, nothing in the pan. Running like a champ at the moment.

I'm putting the 5.13 gears in the 14 bolt as we speak - I buggered up the pinion bearing...at $110 mistake, but setting up the 14 bolt was a breeze....If I knew it was that easy I would have done it a long time ago.