INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

The time has come

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The time has come

I got the word today that it is time to take my truck to the engine shop for the 383 stroker transplant. After 8 months of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, I get to drop off the truck in the morning. Wait4meperformance has the computer and is waiting for the final engine specs to complete the program. in 2 weeks, I will get the ground pounding, asphalt ripping, Ford a$$ kicking truck back!!!!!! I am so excited, I had to tell someone.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on Mike, you've gotta be psyched!! I'm looking forward to seeing the results
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Anticipation only makes it that much better.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, the motor came out this morning. The guys are cleaning the engine compartment and repainting the inner fender and battery tray where the acid leaked on it and ate the paint. The engine guy is strippin the engine and putting all of the old stuff in the vat to clean it. Truck goes to the muffler shop on Wednesday or Thursday!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Kick ***!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blown3qtr
Kick ***!!!

, almost time
Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome, keep us posted! Any kind of ideas of what you would like to see out of the engine for hp/tq? Are they going to rework the vortecs that are on there or put new heads on? I'd like to hear the specifics, I love that engine combo with those heads. The usable power they make down low is fantastic IMO. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:12 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should keep us updated and add some pics and vids if you can! Would make it really awesome to follow along!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

The heads are the Vortec heads, but Steve reworked them big time. He took out several pounds of metal while porting the heads. We are running a 6" rod and low compression pistons for fuel reasons. I do not have the specs on the cam yet, but soon. The valves are all Stainless, along with the seats. The engine is internally balanced and blueprinted.

I researched the Fuel injection and found a factory upgrade to remove the poppits and install true injectors which are not as suceptible (sp) to carbon build up. Wait4meperformance has one of my computers and is waiting for Stevt to call with the specs so the custom program can be written.

Although it is roumored that the intake can only support 425hp, through a long conversion with Steve, he explained to me that the only thing to stop the generation of power is the set-up and how you are making the power. I am hoping to break the 400 mark but we already know that there will be a ton of torque, the advantage of a stroker.

When the motor is broken in, I will take the truck to the chasis dyno and make some runs. I am lucky to have one in the neighborhood and it is only $100 for 3 runs and tuning time (the tuning time is not important since they are used to running carb set-ups.) I will be getting some pics tomorrow morning of the empty truck.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, tried to post pics, but they are too big and I do not know how to resize them.

Last edited by MCDiver; 02-28-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: The time has come