INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

LS6 intake install

Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake install

I am putting an LS6 intake on my 02 6.0 so I have a lo rise intake so I can run piping up over for the intercooler for my whipple. Just wondering if there is anything I might run into when installing it. Just hoping to put on the intake, intercooler and build piping all in the one weekend.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:30 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perform a search in the GM Performance section, a few guys have done the swap and there are a few items that need to be addressed. The water pump has to be changed or modified to clear the throttle body for one, and the idler pulley also needs to be relocated, I believe that Speartech used to make a relocation bracket, but I'm not sure if they still do. I believe that the idler relocation may also warrant the use of a different length belt. There are a few other items I think, but I can't seem to remember them right now.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:13 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Perform a search in the GM Performance section, a few guys have done the swap and there are a few items that need to be addressed. The water pump has to be changed or modified to clear the throttle body for one, and the idler pulley also needs to be relocated, I believe that Speartech used to make a relocation bracket, but I'm not sure if they still do. I believe that the idler relocation may also warrant the use of a different length belt. There are a few other items I think, but I can't seem to remember them right now.
car style injectors, car style injector pigtails need to be spliced on, fuel rail changed, feul lines modified, alternator bracket cut, different manifold bolts, different water pump, make your own idle bracket relocate with a long bolt and washers through a stock alt bracket bolt location. different belt, and re-rout some of the vaccume lines.

and in the end its probably not worth it if your FI anyways. just up the boost on the truck intake instead IMO.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the speartech bracket, my tb doesn't bolt to my intake with the whipple and my injectors and wires have already been changed so basically I just need the bolts and to relocate the fuel lines.