INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

ET Performance Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
I talked to Joe (hirdlej) and he said MAST is now in control with these heads nowdays. I would just have work done locally on them if need be so I hope not to have to deal with them. Their customer service apparently leaves a lot to be desired.

I still have to talk to Skeet's builder James which I will do tomorrow once I get back home from life at work. Skeet's heads are larger than these and apparently it works pretty well together, even drivability. However being an L92 head changes flow characteristics so I don't know how fair of a comparison that is. A 408 or even forced induction is not out of the question for me, just not the first go around anyhow. ...
Ya, I did say MAST took em over.
I didn't know MAST had bad customer service.

Then again, ET isn't real far from me.
Or at least where they were. SO, maybe I should say PIS isn't.

They turn out great headwork for a reason, that's why I'd have them do work for me. Even if I lived nowhere close to them, like say, where u live. Just sayin.

I may never touch my heads, I gotta se what a Radix does for me & what I've planned. I may then have P.I. do my heads, just a lil cleanup like I mentioned earlier. If not, I'll just get the Edelbrocks & call it done. But at that point, I could WCCH do those, or again P.I.S. But, my needs are a fast DD not what you're doin. My .02.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My L92's are being ported by the same guy who did David's (skeet) He does excellent work and has done some impressive stuff with stock castings. Seen it myself. IMO, unless youre trying for a max effore N/A build or need the clamping of a 6 bolt head or are looking for something specific you can't find in a worked stock casting there's normally no need to spend big dollars on aftermarket heads.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be weary man, you mentioned its been a month since the heads were posted. Think about what you want in the end result. It pays to know what outcome you want. I can speak clear on NA sorry forced induction I can't staying NA I wouldn't worry about the lost of low end torque, you can make it up by choosing the right stall, this is achieved by dyno pulls knowing where torque and power comes in makes it that much easier.I have a good idea on what you're wanting to achieve and if im right it wont be cheap but rewarding in the end.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
My L92's are being ported by the same guy who did David's (skeet) He does excellent work and has done some impressive stuff with stock castings. Seen it myself. IMO, unless youre trying for a max effore N/A build or need the clamping of a 6 bolt head or are looking for something specific you can't find in a worked stock casting there's normally no need to spend big dollars on aftermarket heads.
True enough, and I agree. It's just these are in the ballpark of costing me less than what I would pay to get someone to rework stock castings along with the intial cost of a core set of 243's. Shipping kills me with sending things back and forth from Alberta to Texas, not to mention duty and the other garbage. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be looking at these heads either.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skeet
Be weary man, you mentioned its been a month since the heads were posted. Think about what you want in the end result. It pays to know what outcome you want. I can speak clear on NA sorry forced induction I can't staying NA I wouldn't worry about the lost of low end torque, you can make it up by choosing the right stall, this is achieved by dyno pulls knowing where torque and power comes in makes it that much easier.I have a good idea on what you're wanting to achieve and if im right it wont be cheap but rewarding in the end.
I am trying to be weary. I want something completely useless in a pickup truck and am fully willing to admit that lol. It's a toy, not a driver. I want to fight for the rest of the trucks life changing things to make a 2wd to hook up. I am gearing myself for a naturally aspirated engine for now, with a shot of nitrous when I figure out how to hook and am just disappointed with my ET.

I think that sums it up, in a sarcastic overtone, but I am being serious.

I believe in the right convertor too and found that with my last car ( my SRT8 Charger). It was lacking from factory and a 3500 rpm stall made the worlds difference with that 6.1 and definetely was helping my 60' time.

Nothing is cheap unfortunately, I wish it was. I figured on at least $5000 in parts on the 6.0 liter...... or more. It's realistic once you add up all the stuff I plan to change including hardware and gaskets.

I am going to use James opinion as maybe a cornerstone on my build. He knows the heads and seems well regarded here and that's better than anything I have here. Most people here think a carbed 350 is the cats meow so I have to outsource.

I will report back with what James tells me tomorrow afternoon. I am wasting enough time at work now as it is, lol. Keep it coming guys, it's very much appreciated

I am not as worried about the heads being for sale for a bit. He is in Alberta too, and just like me paying to come from the States it's no fun dealing with us the other way. That and they are still on the car. He has someone else from LS1tech interested but that doesn't mean much, it's just a post.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 04-04-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Ya, I did say MAST took em over.
I didn't know MAST had bad customer service.

Then again, ET isn't real far from me.
Or at least where they were. SO, maybe I should say PIS isn't.

They turn out great headwork for a reason, that's why I'd have them do work for me. Even if I lived nowhere close to them, like say, where u live. Just sayin.

I may never touch my heads, I gotta se what a Radix does for me & what I've planned. I may then have P.I. do my heads, just a lil cleanup like I mentioned earlier. If not, I'll just get the Edelbrocks & call it done. But at that point, I could WCCH do those, or again P.I.S. But, my needs are a fast DD not what you're doin. My .02.
I hear you on the driver aspect of things. I run a company truck so my stuff is all toys in a way( my hated 2009 2500HD). I have an 05 1500HD and I want a Radix for it as well. Only thing slowing me is I won't finance my mods ( I live by my cashflow) and my acreage needs some big things this year in preparation to get it ready to sell. Otherwise I would be going hog wild on both trucks, but I just can't. E fans, a real tune, Transgo HD2 in the 4L80E( on the way) will have to suffice for the 05 for now.

I appreciate all your guys opinions too, I like this forum as it actually seems to be info and not 16 year olds fighting with one another
Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
True enough, and I agree. It's just these are in the ballpark of costing me less than what I would pay to get someone to rework stock castings along with the intial cost of a core set of 243's. Shipping kills me with sending things back and forth from Alberta to Texas, not to mention duty and the other garbage. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be looking at these heads either.

... Only thing slowing me is I won't finance my mods ( I live by my cashflow)...
I didn't realize u were in Alberta. So ya, that changes things.

I don't do that either. If I did, the Maggie woulda been on yrs. ago, cause I would just not worried if the stock tranny blew. But alas, I save til I could afford a built FLT. And this summer, I move forward w/. next phase.

Yes, lot of good info on PT. silver-mod-o & skeet are helpful guys.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I didn't realize u were in Alberta. So ya, that changes things.

I don't do that either. If I did, the Maggie woulda been on yrs. ago, cause I would just not worried if the stock tranny blew. But alas, I save til I could afford a built FLT. And this summer, I move forward w/. next phase.

Yes, lot of good info on PT. silver-mod-o & skeet are helpful guys.
Yeah I am liking this place already, and have been reading on here long before I joined in January.

You guys are all being helpful so if you have an idea, I am all ears. I have to learn the LS engines and what works somehow!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Didn't talk to James today, will in the morning as I am finally back home now. I am starting to reconsider these heads anyhow........ too many unknowns for the money. Like mentioned, I don't need them in any way shape or form. And realistically when a head is sitting on a table in front of you, you can't tell diddly about how wore out it actually is. I could end up buying someones pieces of junk.

Couple that to a seller who doesn't reply.... meh. If James does great head work maybe I will get him to quote me on reworking some factory heads ( I think I will stay cathedral ports and not L92's) and be done with it. I will update in the AM as to what he tells me.