INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Aeromotive 1000 took a crap, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aeromotive 1000 took a crap, need help!

So...yeah anyways it took a on me. The pump has always been loud but the last two weeks it started getting louder and louder. Today driving around I heard a new sound coming from the pump (more surging than anything on top of the loud whine) so I figured I might of lost the pump. I turn on my boost controller and get on the throttle a little bit and my fuel pressure dropped to from 50 psi to 20 psi as soon as I started getting in boost. So now I'm down to the intank pump and that's it. Need to know what direction to go. I would just buy another one and stick it in there but I don't know why this one broke to begin with so I'm thinking of redoing my fuel system.
My guess is there's something screwed up from when my bucket was pulled last because anytime I went below 3/4 tank the Aeromotive 1000 would start to get alot louder, like it was starving, eventually it sounded like that all the time which is probably why it failed but it was getting plenty of fuel because I was seeing 80 psi at WOT and full boost so it was doing it's job.

What's the most reliable system that I can go with. What's been working for people and how much am I looking at?
Thanks guys.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over on LS1tech there's a Sponsor called Lonnies Performance that does a dual intank 255 Walbro. He doesn't have any pics, but he can do the whole system, lines, wiring harness, etc that should support as much as need. Better to call on the weekends, too.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

twin bosch 425's
Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Race pumps are notorious for burning up under continuous use. That is why they have the voltage controllers to slow them down when you don't need them full blast cruising.
I could see a possibility, depending on your suction lines and the diameter of the stock tank pick ups being too small causing it to cavitate. But I don't know what your set up is exactly.
On the cheap, if you decide to go with another race pump, is a hobb switch to come in at a low to moderate boost level to kick the pump on.
The dual tank units also seem to do well. Parish ran the dog **** out of dual 255's in tank.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
So...yeah anyways it took a on me. The pump has always been loud but the last two weeks it started getting louder and louder. Today driving around I heard a new sound coming from the pump (more surging than anything on top of the loud whine) so I figured I might of lost the pump. I turn on my boost controller and get on the throttle a little bit and my fuel pressure dropped to from 50 psi to 20 psi as soon as I started getting in boost. So now I'm down to the intank pump and that's it. Need to know what direction to go. I would just buy another one and stick it in there but I don't know why this one broke to begin with so I'm thinking of redoing my fuel system.
My guess is there's something screwed up from when my bucket was pulled last because anytime I went below 3/4 tank the Aeromotive 1000 would start to get alot louder, like it was starving, eventually it sounded like that all the time which is probably why it failed but it was getting plenty of fuel because I was seeing 80 psi at WOT and full boost so it was doing it's job.

What's the most reliable system that I can go with. What's been working for people and how much am I looking at?
Thanks guys.
Julien, this isnt the first time ive heard of the A1000 failing.
Obviously more mechanical fuel parts = higher chance of failure.
I did some research to map out my fueling system. I have a MagnaFuel pump. http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4301.htm
They are made for Continuous duty and they are quite.
It wouldnt be a bad idea to add a "fuel cooler" to the return line, remember that these pumps are cooled by the fuel and if your fuel is hot your not cooling the pump down.

I think the best option for you would be to look into one of Lonnies setups.

Derek
Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Over on LS1tech there's a Sponsor called Lonnies Performance that does a dual intank 255 Walbro. He doesn't have any pics, but he can do the whole system, lines, wiring harness, etc that should support as much as need. Better to call on the weekends, too.

thats the route i'm going,

The lonnies kit is like 600 and it comes with the complete twin intank setup and the wiring harness with the hobbs switch ready to connect to a stock systems

Nasty Performance makes a complete fuel system using lonnies pump setup and it has EVERYTHING down to the fuel rails lol and even injectors i you need it, it's a pretty penny though
Old 05-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ZZebes

thats the route i'm going,

The lonnies kit is like 600 and it comes with the complete twin intank setup and the wiring harness with the hobbs switch ready to connect to a stock systems

Nasty Performance makes a complete fuel system using lonnies pump setup and it has EVERYTHING down to the fuel rails lol and even injectors i you need it, it's a pretty penny though
x2
I will be going with Lonnie's dual 255 Walbro in-tank setup also. Maybe we can get together and buy it a little cheaper?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:44 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Call me monday, I think I have an pump you can have.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn julien!!! that sucks bro... time to get project ls14 goin so you can have somethin in case truck has a problem
Old 06-01-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

Sucks bro hope ya get it fixed soon!

Quick Reply: Aeromotive 1000 took a crap, need help!