Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
That video no worky!

Dustin
link fixed
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS/...current status: parked under a tarp for a few weeks ...I'm gopnna start treating it like it treats me!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:03 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DAAAAMMMNNNN!!!! That is not cool man!!
What's the deal with a few of the trucks on here?? Well I feel glad that your gonna get revenge on your car but hope you can salvage something from all of it.
What are your plans with everything?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=rocker2.jpg ...Rocker pic...there are a few more there.
Gonna see what comp says today, just hoping they'll sell me 1 or 2! I checked the remaining seven and all seemed fine, rod wasn't bent, and hoping there isn't any valve/piston damage.
Julien, its stranded at my shack in the mtns til I get there again in a few wks. I'll fix the rocker, some burnt wires, and see whats up from there. If there is still more damage, it will stay up there and I'll work on it myself. From here on except for tuning and tranny work, its gonna be a labour of love. I don't mean to slam anyone, but this stuff isn't rocket science, which makes it all the worse considering how badly ICS Performance in ct FUCKED up my build. If after further work it looks really screwed, I'll pull this motor and tranny and buy a crate 402/Turbo and drop it in...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No I realized it wasn't rocket science after the first shop that took mine in fucked it up too! Well working on it will definetely make it a labor of love...emphasis's the labor part!! Have fun with it and hope it all works out.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for your troubles, it is always heartbreaking to see people having issues with their builds.

Originally Posted by dhpro
If after further work it looks really screwed, I'll pull this motor and tranny and buy a crate 402/Turbo and drop it in...
That will just open up another can of worms.

I am sorry, but I have YET to see ONE of these custom builds go without one issue. Turbo or blower, when you go for the gusto you are going to have issues. If you are looking for a daily driven reliability get away from the custom chit.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=rocker2.jpg ...Rocker pic...there are a few more there.
Gonna see what comp says today, just hoping they'll sell me 1 or 2! I checked the remaining seven and all seemed fine, rod wasn't bent, and hoping there isn't any valve/piston damage.
Julien, its stranded at my shack in the mtns til I get there again in a few wks. I'll fix the rocker, some burnt wires, and see whats up from there. If there is still more damage, it will stay up there and I'll work on it myself. From here on except for tuning and tranny work, its gonna be a labour of love. I don't mean to slam anyone, but this stuff isn't rocket science, which makes it all the worse considering how badly ICS Performance in ct FUCKED up my build. If after further work it looks really screwed, I'll pull this motor and tranny and buy a crate 402/Turbo and drop it in...

You better find out what caused those rockers to break. Don't just replace 1 or 2, replace them ALL! Make sure you have the correct length pushrods, that are not bent, for the rockers you're using, and verify your piston to valve clearance.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wkdivr
You better find out what caused those rockers to break. Don't just replace 1 or 2, replace them ALL! Make sure you have the correct length pushrods, that are not bent, for the rockers you're using, and verify your piston to valve clearance.
Ya I hear ya...They're Comp pro Magnum 1.75's...checked them all and the rest look OK, rods look good, and recently had the heads off and the clearance seemed fine. I may just send them all back and put stocker's on. R/
Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Repaired the busted rocker...all good again. Thinking I'll change out the Comp pro magnum's for a set of Harland Sharp stock upgrade/rebuilds, or get a set of their LS1 mated pairs...R/

Quick Reply: 370/MP122 Build