INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

370/MP122 Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe...been there.... it's amazing how many headaches a man will endure for his boost fix, but you let my wife say something that takes 2 minutes away from my time with my truck and....

Glad you have it under you DHPRO. Your issues with the tune is one of the main reasons I have taught myself HPTuners the last couple years.... Keep at it my friend.....
Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlaBouy
Hehe...been there.... it's amazing how many headaches a man will endure for his boost fix, but you let my wife say something that takes 2 minutes away from my time with my truck and....

Glad you have it under you DHPRO. Your issues with the tune is one of the main reasons I have taught myself HPTuners the last couple years.... Keep at it my friend.....
I might just strap on HPT as soon as I start feeling flush again! R/
Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn dude, you are going through now what i've been going through for two months now and i can certainly feel your pain, and my truck is not even ready to start yet. Your engine builder sounds like they are very nice and understanding when working out all the bugs. I'd really love to see some pics or video of this beast but i'm sure you have bigger problems to deal with, especially your tune. I think that is the most frustrating part about all this performance stuff is after you work so hard and spend so much money on all these parts and such, you still have to get the tune right to be able to enjoy any of it. Especially when you don't do your own tuning like yourself it makes for very frustrating times. I know i get so frustrated with my tune sometimes, if it wasn't for dewmanshu keeping me sane i don't know what i would do. keep up the good work man.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Holty
damn dude, you are going through now what i've been going through for two months now and i can certainly feel your pain, and my truck is not even ready to start yet. Your engine builder sounds like they are very nice and understanding when working out all the bugs. I'd really love to see some pics or video of this beast but i'm sure you have bigger problems to deal with, especially your tune. I think that is the most frustrating part about all this performance stuff is after you work so hard and spend so much money on all these parts and such, you still have to get the tune right to be able to enjoy any of it. Especially when you don't do your own tuning like yourself it makes for very frustrating times. I know i get so frustrated with my tune sometimes, if it wasn't for dewmanshu keeping me sane i don't know what i would do. keep up the good work man.
Just gotta not get too depressed ...its running and tho its been in the shop another 2 days dealing with the bugs, I'll be taking it on a 3hr road trip this weekend to my cottage! Oil's been changed, KB BAP was clogged(?) so that was replaced, oil leaks cured, and various loose screws torqued down! Its gonna be interesting to see mileage now...I noted only 4MPG when floored to boost @ 6lb...and that was with the BAP intermittant! Crusing mileage seemed more like 12-14mpg @ 75-80mph - so thats net down about 3-4mpg from the 5.3/maggie I had...I'll confirm after the weekend. Immediate issues are putting in the dual exhaust, and getting m,y IATs down by first moving those coolers around. Once I get 1000-1200 miles on it I'll put the meth kit on and smaller pulley, then max tune R/
Old 06-09-2007, 02:55 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Just gotta not get too depressed ...its running and tho its been in the shop another 2 days dealing with the bugs, I'll be taking it on a 3hr road trip this weekend to my cottage! Oil's been changed, KB BAP was clogged(?) so that was replaced, oil leaks cured, and various loose screws torqued down! Its gonna be interesting to see mileage now...I noted only 4MPG when floored to boost @ 6lb...and that was with the BAP intermittant! Crusing mileage seemed more like 12-14mpg @ 75-80mph - so thats net down about 3-4mpg from the 5.3/maggie I had...I'll confirm after the weekend. Immediate issues are putting in the dual exhaust, and getting m,y IATs down by first moving those coolers around. Once I get 1000-1200 miles on it I'll put the meth kit on and smaller pulley, then max tune R/
sounds like a good plan brother, keep us informed
Old 06-11-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

300 mile road trip was awesome! Passing power and sprinting for gaps in traffic were like driving the wife's Porsche (altho braking is an issue!) Put the 4L80 thru its paces - Even hauled a 1000lb-ish boulder across the driveway! KB BAP was working well on the trip out, but seemed to have issues on the way back. Cold starts are still lean and it sputters until its run for a few mins, still a small oil leak from the fittings on the remote hoses. Has real trouble with 3rd/OD shifting in the 65mph range - won't downshift and goes way rich...tune definately needs some work...mileage is down about 25% for that road trip - but I think that'll imporve once tune is ironed out. R/
Old 06-11-2007, 11:46 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

or video!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

A few new pix! Tell me what u want pix of and I'll do my best...R/
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u138/dhpro/
Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

pics are to small and I'm anxious to see more!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry Grippy...every time I download pix something different happens...this time they downloaded small...I'll work on it and get some new pix in the next few days...anything in particular u wanna see more of? R/

Quick Reply: 370/MP122 Build