INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

370/MP122 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UBLUZIN03
If you dont mind me asking what are you guys paying for your 370 builds?..
HAHAHA... I can only hope that all the many thousands over my original estimate have gone to a good liver! The stress and aggravation alone are enuf to stay factory for the rest of my breathing days...well maybe not that long, just till my wife forgets this build!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

LATEST: Its definately not the way I planned it...tranny rebuild went well (I'm poorer still!), installed and ran perfectly (Thnx to Scott @ Mass Diesel). Slowhawk put it on the dyno and it blew a head gasket before we passed 4000rpm (440rwhp, 490 torq). Checked the torque on the head bolts and it was only around 50ft/lbs!!! Intake was a little lite too! We pulled the heads so he cud have a look and be comfortable with whats there. Had the heads milled 10k's as they were racked corner to corner. Had him once over the whole thing and discovered a real sloppy fuel system installation, so he's fixing that up too! Remote oil lines had cast iron elbows (), so he's changing that too!! Shud be all back together by now, and he'll drive it for a bit to see what other gremlins are buried under the hood. Oh ya...we pulled the rad and had it acid washed as there was all kinds of gunk in the heads, and the rad didn't seem to be cooling prop - almost like the builder had put stop leak in it.
I will begin negotiations with the original builder over the Tranny and his trying to blow me up with his fuel system once I get my ride back... he can salvage our relationship and keep me as a friend if he steps up and recognizes his responsibilities.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn man, I would have found a nice steep cliff by now. I applaud your patience.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Damn man, I would have found a nice steep cliff by now. I applaud your patience.
Thats just a way to lock in a loss! I can't let the machine and poor workmanship beat me!! ...but do u remember that old movie where all the cars and trucks were possessed and trapped some people at a truck stop until they got gas? I wonder if my PCM has some new JIHAD programming that knows I'm a Republican
Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your gremlin's. You and I had our share of crap shops and Gremlin's to figure out but the good news is Slowhawk and Synergy both fixed our messes. I'm poorer for it too btw...
Hope you have it back soon!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm sorry to hear about your gremlin's. You and I had our share of crap shops and Gremlin's to figure out but the good news is Slowhawk and Synergy both fixed our messes. I'm poorer for it too btw...
Hope you have it back soon!
Thnx Julien...glad to see ur running well...I just can't believe how many hackers there are out there. Puts a black eye on the whole industry...There shud be some kind of registry on here for them: POOR WORKMANSHIP LIST
Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Thnx Julien...glad to see ur running well...I just can't believe how many hackers there are out there. Puts a black eye on the whole industry...There shud be some kind of registry on here for them: POOR WORKMANSHIP LIST

Hmmm we should start one?!? Maybe start a thread and people can just add to the list the shops they've had really bad experiences with. dunno
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
I wonder if my PCM has some new JIHAD programming that knows I'm a Republican
Oh that's too funny, your statement, not the problems

Damn bro, I'm sorry to hear about your new found issues, sounds like Slowhawk has a good handle on things and will have you up and running in no time flat.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow for the patience. I would have given up......... LONG ago.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Damn, between your luck and DenaliHD's I knew there was a reason I dont let anyone touch my ****. There are too many shops that dont know what they are doing I guess.

I hope everything works out better this time around.

Quick Reply: 370/MP122 Build