Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Lower leveled the truck. Pics of lift blocks removed and 1" shackle drop

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 85LSburb
Here is a picture of mine with the bell tech rear 3 inch kit. Removed block and used the 2 inch hole. Sits almost exactly level. Have had it like that for about 2k miles (only 5300 on it now) and it drives exactly like it did before. Still want to go down 2 more in the front and rear. Have not towed anything with it so far. Happy to see yours pulled that boat fine.
Yours looks much better than factory now, I dig it. Every day that goes by since I lowered mine my dislike for the factory "*** all up in the clouds" look gets worse. Now when I see them I just think "why the hell did they do that".

Anyway if you want to go 2 more on each end, have you looked at the rough country 2/4 kit? It's really low cost and would give you the measurements you're after. You could do a 1" drop shackle with their rear flip kit to make it a 5" rear drop.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already have dell tech front lowering struts to put on the front. Just need the rear kit. I’ll have to look in to that. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I already have dell tech front lowering struts to put on the front. Just need the rear kit. I’ll have to look in to that. Thanks.
No problem, there's lots of good reviews on the rough country kit too, noticed a lot of people specifically stated the kit was high quality.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Just another tip, remove the last 4 bed bolts if you do not want to smash the metal bed seams with a hammer. I didn't want to chip my paint and cause any extra corrosion so I did it that way.

If you remove 2 bed bolts from each side it allows the bed to push up and clear the top of the frame for the shackle bolts. With the hitch gone it makes quick work of the bolts with a electric impact gun.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There off road stuff is pretty good so I’m sure the lowering stuff will be just as good. I looked at the kits and I like the price. Way less then the bell tech flip kit.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FFDP
Just another tip, remove the last 4 bed bolts if you do not want to smash the metal bed seams with a hammer. I didn't want to chip my paint and cause any extra corrosion so I did it that way.

If you remove 2 bed bolts from each side it allows the bed to push up and clear the top of the frame for the shackle bolts. With the hitch gone it makes quick work of the bolts with a electric impact gun.
I agree and I already decided that the next time I do it I'll remove all bolts except the last two by the cab, just loosen those, and stick a couple of pieces of wood between the bed and frame. Part of the reason I notched them is because I had heard some of the shackles hit if you don't clearance those rails. I was in a hurry so I didn't even test the theory like I normally would. Usually I am more like you and don't want to introduce any issues but I could just light sand it and spray paint it at some point. I also have a bed cover and underneath it the bed is scratched so I wasn't as worried about it. If my bed had been pristine when I bought the truck I probably would have also been more concerned.

There off road stuff is pretty good so I’m sure the lowering stuff will be just as good. I looked at the kits and I like the price. Way less then the bell tech flip kit.
Yeah that's what got me, super low cost and really good reviews.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

A couple of days ago I put the shackles at the highest hole ( most amount of drop ) and checked the alignment again. I need to correct what I said before, there's plenty of alignment adjustability left, I maxed it out before because I was shooting for over 5 degrees of caster, but that's a personal preference.

I DID NOT shim the rear end because my drive line vibration is better than ever, I've always had a vibration from around 54-60 or so MPH under heavy acceleration and it's now almost gone. Best I can tell I'm around 2 degrees of pinion angle too, which is great.

The truck was bouncing off the rear bump stops so I cut one nub off of them and the truck rides excellent, I really dig this whole setup.

The cheapy shock extenders I got at PEP Boys fit great and went in super easy. Ride effex 13-6540

Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

I think I cut one rung off the bump stops too but never did the shock extenders. I don't touch when just driving around and maybe a huge bump would contact but I can't really tell.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FFDP
I think I cut one rung off the bump stops too but never did the shock extenders. I don't touch when just driving around and maybe a huge bump would contact but I can't really tell.
I could lightly tell before I cut them, it actually just felt like I had some stiff shocks, it rode stiffer.

I'm sure I'll still bounce off of them when I pull the boat but I pull short distances, I'm only a few miles from the lake so no biggie.

I did the shock extenders to hopefully not bottom out the shocks, I think they would have been okay but the extenders were only $23 so why not..
Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Alotta good info here- truck looks really righteous...…….
The following users liked this post:
00pooterSS (10-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Lower leveled the truck. Pics of lift blocks removed and 1" shackle drop