Double Adjustable Shocks - Page 2 - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Double Adjustable Shocks

Old 11-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #11
TECH Addict

Yeah I know that would do a great job but Atomic said shocks would probably do it as well. Then there is the f'ing with it every time I go to the track. I was just thinking since the factory struts are weak suck anyway it would be great when loaded on the street instead of seeing air under the front tires every time I see a healthy bump and with a track setting give me some good 60's. Would love to see 7's as it sits. I appreciate the replys and pms!
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #12
Teching In

I would recommend going to a coilover- But you don't have to go though all the hassle of figuring out shock length, spring rate mounting etc.

Many companies make bolt in replacements for these platform trucks. Just bolt in and align the truck. Adjustable from 1" of lift to 3"

I would recomend Icon Vehicle Dynamics, King or Fox.

I can provide any info needed if you're interested in this route !
BIGRED811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
TECH Addict

Been riding around for a few months on Rancho 9000 struts and just did the rears yesterday. Went for a spin and checked out the launch loaded of course because I'm in AC season now. My 1st impression is it doesn't squat anymore in the rear. Just chirps the front tires pretty good and goes leaving at idle and that's at street pressure on the tires of 34lbs. Before it would buck pretty bad and lose traction. Settings are at #9 front and rear because of my weight loaded. Sure does ride and handle well and controlled now. The fronts made the most difference though. It will be after Summer before I can get it unloaded for the track. Not double adjustable but they sure did help and price wasn't too bad either.
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote