Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Another Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas Speed and don't look back... the extra 500% in cost isn't worth it on a daily driver truck for 99% of end users for the "exotic" brands. And the TSPs are just as high quality, just don't have the fancy name recognition.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Burns
Texas Speed and don't look back... the extra 500% in cost isn't worth it on a daily driver truck for 99% of end users for the "exotic" brands. And the TSPs are just as high quality, just don't have the fancy name recognition.
I'd never pay kooks or ARH prices. Too many headers out there that make the same power (or within 95% at least) for half or less of the cost. I figured texas speed was the best quality header under $500 and just as good as those mentioned above.

But again, i'd really like to see some feedback threads just to confirm my assumptions. Rather know than assume.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
I'd never pay kooks or ARH prices. Too many headers out there that make the same power (or within 95% at least) for half or less of the cost. I figured texas speed was the best quality header under $500 and just as good as those mentioned above.

But again, i'd really like to see some feedback threads just to confirm my assumptions. Rather know than assume.
no assumptions here... I was one of the first people around to have LTs on a 2014.... I had pacesetters (great fit and finish) and later TSP (even better) and both made great power and are both 100% worth having over ARH or KOOKS for any of us on a daily driven truck.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

no assumptions here... I was one of the first people around to have LTs on a 2014.... I had pacesetters (great fit and finish) and later TSP (even better) and both made great power and are both 100% worth having over ARH or KOOKS for any of us on a daily driven truck.
F****** perfect. Thanks man, couldn't find that info anywhere. (pacesetter vs TSP fit and finish)

And to be clear I wasn't saying you were assuming, I hadn't found any info so I was.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

no worries at all my man, I totally get it! When the pacesetters hit the market I got one of the first sets, maybe even the first set installed by someone outside their group and loved them. I had a set of ARH ordered and canceled it to put the pacesetters on the truck.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

no worries at all my man, I totally get it! When the pacesetters hit the market I got one of the first sets, maybe even the first set installed by someone outside their group and loved them. I had a set of ARH ordered and canceled it to put the pacesetters on the truck.
Hey Noah haven't seen you around lately good to see your input. Hope you've been well!
Why did you ditch the Pacesetters? Increase the size?
Old 01-24-2018, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

They had a little bit of surface rust on them, I got the uncoated ones (painted) and they needed to be repainted or coated. Rather than deal with all that nonsense I just bought a set of the TSPs and sold the pacesetters.

I miss that truck every damn day!