PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/)
-   -   Another Header Question (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/another-header-question-550238/)

Slapps74 09-11-2017 09:08 AM

Another Header Question

So I am ordering a D1X this week. I have been looking at headers and the Texas Speed units are half the money of the ARH units with cats. Are they worth it? I will spend the money if I can justify it. I DD my tuck and really don't care to have issues with leaks. I have heard that the ARH's look better after a year of being run but?

Thanks for the input.

volcom 09-11-2017 10:04 AM

the texas speeds are china made, the ARH/Kooks are made in the states. the header to y-pipe on the texas speed is a slip fit and ARH/Kooks are ball and socket.

If i were you (and i should have done this too) is pickup a set of used Kooks or ARH headers. (PS, i have a set of kooks for sale, zero issues just stocked out most of the truck)

Boost-freak 09-11-2017 11:15 AM

Arh or kooks

Slapps74 09-11-2017 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by volcom (Post 5418835)
the texas speeds are china made, the ARH/Kooks are made in the states. the header to y-pipe on the texas speed is a slip fit and ARH/Kooks are ball and socket.

If i were you (and i should have done this too) is pickup a set of used Kooks or ARH headers. (PS, i have a set of kooks for sale, zero issues just stocked out most of the truck)

I will bite. PM sent.

Slapps74 09-13-2017 10:49 AM

Well I ordered a set of Kooks from RPMSpeed. they were $200 cheaper then Jegs. Going to order the Pro Charger from them today. They are $200-$500 cheaper than anyone else I have shopped. Great guys to work with so far!

Slapps74 09-20-2017 07:09 AM

Well I received my headers yesterday. I was a little disappointed that there was not an extra bung for a wideband and I did not see any clamps for the slip sections of the mid pipe. I guess I will call Kook's today. I was happy to see the Stage 8 header bolts and the cometic header gaskets.

00pooterSS 01-22-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by volcom (Post 5418835)

Some of the chinese stuff is pretty good/getting better to where I'm not as concerned, quality control is more of what I worry about there and would think Texas Speed stays on top of it. I'm looking at getting headers for mine as well (2014 5.3 CC) and looking at Speed Engineering and Texas Speed. Has anyone had issues with those?

Also, if the Kooks are still for sale, how much you asking for them?

colekill 01-22-2018 03:09 PM

i ran pacesetters on my old truck, zero issues after 5 years and still looked great.

colekill 01-22-2018 03:13 PM

00pooterSS 01-22-2018 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by colekill (Post 5429597)
i ran pacesetters on my old truck, zero issues after 5 years and still looked great.

Pacesetter has a long standing good rep too. Those headers and especially the flanges look extra beefy.

I was really looking for feedback on headers for the 14+ trucks though. Can't find much of anything so far.

The texas speed header and y pipe set is only $10 more than pacesetter and that's the main two I was considering.