Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

YaY another cam thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the more i think about it, the more im leaning back towards a vvt cam. they are not that aggressive, and i have a dyno at my disposal, so building a cam table won't take that long to do. i have yet to find concrete proof on the tsp vvt cams outside of the "sleeper" cam they posted a while back. then agian, most people i see run the comp off the shelf 400-403 cams, plus the sound of cobans truck in the video he posted makes me giddy for some reason.

ken, nice sig
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bryan: its bc of you that ive learned how to tame the harsh shifting of the 6spd plus a lot of my tcm settings is your settings anyways, i just changed the TCC and traction control. Also everyone wonders how to keep the traction control from shutting them down when its spinning a lot....just go to the traction control max torque and set it to 6042 it will flash the light but not shut the truck down *using HPtuner*
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

everyone thinks you have to have a super aggressive trans tune to make an et. not so much. just using what is in there wisely makes the difference. also knowing how torque management can help and where to use it.

i guess i can send an email off to texas speed to see what they can do for me cam wise. just seems odd that they are rather absent from the truck world here lately
Old 11-18-2011, 06:08 AM
13 Second Truck Club

I sure like that stage 2 VVT CAM @ EPS...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by Area47
ken, nice sig
Care to elaborate?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
Care to elaborate?
My truck has always hammered the tires on the 1-2 shift and it spins when it does that the first 500-800rpm of 2nd gear. Thats the reason why i could never get my truck into the lower 13s on street tires. Well Bryan (area47) has been giving me some tips then basically tweaked a tune for me to try and has gotten my truck to where it is a smooth crisp shift on every shift vs a pause and extreme shift. So my sig says "new times coming soon with Area47 adjustments". He has answered every question ive had and pointed me in the right direction of getting my transmission to shift the way i like. Its a smooth part throttle shift (just like stock) then a crisp wot shift like it needs to be.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
My truck has always hammered the tires on the 1-2 shift and it spins when it does that the first 500-800rpm of 2nd gear. Thats the reason why i could never get my truck into the lower 13s on street tires. Well Bryan (area47) has been giving me some tips then basically tweaked a tune for me to try and has gotten my truck to where it is a smooth crisp shift on every shift vs a pause and extreme shift. So my sig says "new times coming soon with Area47 adjustments". He has answered every question ive had and pointed me in the right direction of getting my transmission to shift the way i like. Its a smooth part throttle shift (just like stock) then a crisp wot shift like it needs to be.
That's good to know, Ken . . . keep us informed!

BTW - thanks for the detailed and informative answer!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
That's good to know, Ken . . . keep us informed!

BTW - thanks for the detailed and informative answer!
will do. also everyone has been wondering how to keep the Traction Control from shutting the truck down, i explained that in a post above. hope that helps anyone else that would rather the truck not shut down on them.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by markislive78
I sure like that stage 2 VVT CAM @ EPS...
comp 401 has the same specs
Old 11-19-2011, 04:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I've seen some other cams Pat G has spec'd for the 6.2s that haven't had large splits in them. It's a good $25 investment and definitely make sure you give him as much information as you can present mods, future mods, present goals, future goals, truck weight, stall, inteneded use, etc, etc.

And nice little bit of info Kenneth.

Quick Reply: YaY another cam thread!