Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Wheel Offset Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Offset Question

Ok, I searched but cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for. I have a 2008 RCSB 2wd, and am currently having a McGaughys 4/7 kit to be installed (Doetsch Tech rear shocks) as soon as it arrives from Godfather Customs. I have on order (not here yet) Boss 330 24x10's +30 offset. The tires I have ordered are 285/30/24 for the front and 315/30/24 for the rear. Are these going to "tuck" if needed? I am not "stuck" with the wheels/tires if they are not going to work for me. I know with that much drop that it most likely won't matter if they tuck, but down the road will bag it and would like to keep the same wheel/tire combo.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

+30 is the stock offset, but you are running a wheel that is 1.5" wider than the factory 20"s. I have no idea if they will tuck on a bagged truck. With the 4/7, they will be pretty flush with the wheel wells. The front probably will tuck due to the negative camber when you lay it on the ground. You might be able to get the rears to tuck if you roll the fender lips, but it will be close with those 315s.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for your input, SilverSierra.

Was hoping to get some input from a few of the guys who have done this setup. I know I've seen at least a couple with 4/7 and 24's, but can't seem to find any mention of wheel offsets. Even knowing what offset anyone with wider than stock wheels would help at this point. The place that is getting my wheels is 120 miles from me, I'm hoping to get it worked out before I drive down there to get them.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

The wheels will tuck in the front I think mine are 24x10 with 6 inch backspacing, and they will, would like to see some pics when you are finished what brand tire did you go with?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Pirelli's. Although, I did have to use 2 different tread patterns to get the sizes I wanted, they are still very close in design. They are PZero Rossos and PZero Nero M+S, if I'm not mistaken. They should be in anyday now...

<rant>

On another note: Godfather Customs customer service is less than ideal. I ordered the McGaughy's 4/7 kit from them, no real communication about the sale other than a order confirmation. Their online order status flat out doesn't work, and they haven't responded to the emails I send to the email address they have listed on the site. Finally yesterday I just picked up the phone and called them, to find out _anything_ about the order. They charged my card last friday, told me they shipped out the kit on this monday (I'm going to assume this happened), and for some reason never offered any explanation about the online order status not working, not returning emails, or even offering any type of tracking number for my shipment. I did a couple google searches about their customer service and it appears I'm not alone. Should have done some more research before I ordered it from them. I only saved about 35$ over what I would have spent had I purchased this kit locally.

Lesson learned.

</rant>