Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

tc/stabilitrak annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the 6spd and it doesnt do it anymore. traction control is turned off in my tune.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never have had this issue with my 6.2. I tuned it the first day I had it and have had no problems with this at all. I can kick it sideways, burn them from a dead stop through second gear, break them loose from a 30 roll.... No issues.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
Never have had this issue with my 6.2. I tuned it the first day I had it and have had no problems with this at all. I can kick it sideways, burn them from a dead stop through second gear, break them loose from a 30 roll.... No issues.

HPT or EFILive,
anything specific in Hpt to turn off or change valves, related to trac control, stabilitrac

mine does none of the above
Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine tuned last night by Truckshop with EFIlive, and we noticed a huge difference in how it acted if I held down the TC button so that it turns off the Stabilitrac as well. It went from lagging shifts with just the TC off, to breaking second gear loose and MUCH stiffer shifts with them both off, and thats on 24's as well.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by carbongmc
I got mine tuned last night by Truckshop with HPTuner, and we noticed a huge difference in how it acted if I held down the TC button so that it turns off the Stabilitrac as well. It went from lagging shifts with just the TC off, to breaking second gear loose and MUCH stiffer shifts with them both off, and thats on 24's as well.
had to fix it for ya buddy
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ you are correct Niff. I just noticed that too. lol
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
14 Second Truck Club

I believe what the guys are wanting to know is how to TOTALLY turn it off and the only way you can do that is like Area47 first explained...killing the power to it...01WS6/tamu described a very good way to do it.

You can mess with things in the tune all you want, you can hold the button for 7 hours if you want, if the light on the dash is on and flashing when you are spinning your tires then it is affecting your power and track times.

I'm not saying that you can't power through it and spin your tires, break them loose in second gear, get side ways, lay down 40 foot stripes, etc...especially in with a 6.2 even in its stock form. Then you tune the TM out and tune the transmission and it's all over.

Hell my tune/headers/cai/4.11 5.3 CC could massacre 20" tires from a dead stop if I wanted it to. Even at the track it could blow the tires off in 1st, spin all the way into second and chirp 3rd and while it was doing that you could see the light on the dash flashing and occasionally you could even feel the engagement of the system.

Unless some one knows some super tuning jedi tricks and can explain it to me I have a difficult time believing it is being done in the tune.

I hope I am wrong and some one comes here and explains it so we can all benefit from it, hell I will even pay good money to be shown the method.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:25 PM

i cant believe this...yall say its not the "4spd guys" having this problem, its mainly the "6spd guys" well hey guess what ive had BOTH and ive NEVER had the problem they are. its turned OFF in my tune, therefore i cant speak for them. i can stomp it from a dig and itll spin as long as the truck is able to spin. i never touch the button at the track in the burn out box, never touch it on the street, it is simply TURNED OFF in my tune. it doesnt affect my truck at all.
damn
Old 02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hmmm when I turn my traction and stabilitrac off I have no problem messing around what so ever sliding or anything. I mean yeah my lights will blink but to only show me that I am spinning or sliding they dont affect anything what so ever when I have them off. Maybe its in my tune but I dought it. Now when there on they work great and with the recent sleet we have been having on the road I very much appreciate these safety features. My truck is an 09 so I dont think it would differ from any of the other trucks.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM

i turned mine off completely, no matter how you look at it.

Quick Reply: tc/stabilitrak annoyances