Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

service stabilitrak/service traction control, why does this keep coming on?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had this happening to my 08, off and on, for the longest time. Ended up being the tps (throttle position sensor). On our trucks, with the drive by wire, you can't just replace the sensor. You have to replace the whole throttle body. I took the opportunity to upgrade a little, and went for the 90mm unit from the 6.2l camaros and vettes. Took about 10 min to swap out, and I opted to not pay the 100 for the dealer to re-calibrate it, so I'm in the process of just driving it to have the the computer relearn the position.
It's solved my problem so far. No codes, and the truck is back to running smooth again. No real noticeable improvement in performance or anything. Maybe better response, but it's nothing to write home about. Figured it wasn't a bad idea as it was only 140 for the larger 90mm one, and in theory, it should perform better.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey guys-
I took the truck in, no not covered under warranty citing rodent damage. Guess I need to look more closely as this is what I've found, not the trucks fault at all;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5&l=e91ff254ca guess I can solder this back together just like my #6 coil wires..........
Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

I'm having the same symptoms happening to mine, only with my truck, it also won't go into 4X4 or if it does, it may not be in 4X4 even though the lights are solid on the ****. The dealer can find no codes.. Sometimes in the snow, the light will flicker on the dash and the truck will **** right down. sometimes the service 4x4 dic will come on. sometimes the parking assist on the dic will say its off even though the switch says it's on. It's acting strange. At first I though the transfer case was maybe needing rebuilt b/c I have 113K miles. now I'm not sure. Someone told me that a weak battery could cause this? After readig this thread and some others, it looks like this could be anything.....
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

No codes, have ya checked along the frame rails that a rodent may have eaten some of the sensor wires...................
Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Its started to warm up a bit, so I'm gonna need to climb under and look around.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also- look from the top(next to the engine- I've had trouble posting my pics. But where the sensor wire goes from the hub up to the harness mine was OK so I concluded that the sensor is out to lunch. Only when it was pointed out to me that the harness had infact been chewed apart. Try starting from scratch first with the key in the ignition on position, not running- then disconnect the battery for a half hour, yes they say 10 mins but I like a half an hour. Tis will clear the ECM of any codes that are not real..........
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

I was having multiple issues. 4X4 not engaging, stabilitrack and parking assist going off, and things just not working right.... It took some research, but when I checked the battery voltage at rest (No Load), it was showing 12.44V. After some investigation, I learned that the battery should be roughly 12.77V under normal at rest conditions ( Key off and nothing on) and when running, about 14.5V. Even though my truck would start fine, my systems were shutting down to conserve energy and it was causing havoc because the battery was weak. My lights are brighter and the TPS seems to be more reactive. The truck seems to be running smoother.

I do however, still have a 4X4 engagement issue, but now my service 4X4 light comes on right away when I try to turn it on. I'm hoping this has stopped the

Check your battery voltage and see if it is close to 2.77V with nothing on. It appears it doesn't take much on these new trucks to cause trouble in the network and ECM.

Last edited by rijrunr; 01-11-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Trouble is right- I'm starting to think if I'd a been better off with a 2006 truck with an L33................
Old 03-01-2014, 05:40 PM

Default service stabilitrak/service traction control

my light keeps coming on and it shifts harder then my race car what do i need to do to service it
Old 03-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Same thing was happening to mine and it was my acc pedal. Its an 07 DBW so its the pedal with the sensor right on it. Switched it and havent had any issues since. Its been about 6k miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: service stabilitrak/service traction control, why does this keep coming on?