Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

service stabilitrak/service traction control, why does this keep coming on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had this fiasco happen to my truck this morning.
2013 rcsb 2wd 6l80e 5.3 truck
Only 36k miles
When I started the truck it had no warning lights until I started to drive it, then the traction control light displayed along with the stablilitrak both in "OFF" also the brake light came on.
After 10-30 seconds the brake light shut off, but the other two are still in the display in OFF..

My truck did this about 1 month ago when it got colder out too, I took it to gm and they found nothjng.

Where should I start? Truck does kinda feel like it could have a miss at idle..
Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98tdi
Just had this fiasco happen to my truck this morning.
2013 rcsb 2wd 6l80e 5.3 truck
Only 36k miles
When I started the truck it had no warning lights until I started to drive it, then the traction control light displayed along with the stablilitrak both in "OFF" also the brake light came on.
After 10-30 seconds the brake light shut off, but the other two are still in the display in OFF..

My truck did this about 1 month ago when it got colder out too, I took it to gm and they found nothjng.

Where should I start? Truck does kinda feel like it could have a miss at idle..
Any thoughts?
Should I replace the SWPS?
Kinda lost on where to start. I might take it to the dealer and see if they can scan it for codes.. Just hope something pops up!
Old 01-30-2016, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stop light switch worked for me.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 AM

Default 07 tahoe

Hey guys new here, lurking for a while decided to join up. so I have the same problem with my 07 but its worse when I go to give it gas while driving that it feels like the back tires should be slipping but there not turning, it will also randomly surge with power. Now this is the first newer car ive owned and really wanna try and get her running right any help would be awesome. I really don't want to get rid of this rig I love it she is fantastic other than the few problems I've listed below. and I just wanted to say now thank you guys for the help

1. check engine light keeps coming on <I think> due to there bad set up of the afm <hopefully the new vent line will fix>

2. she kind of shifts hard and feels like the transfer case is slipping not sure though

3. service stability track system and traction control system lights are on < when you go to give it gas while driving if its more than quarter throttle then she starts to shake and feels like she should be burning out but no wheel spin just shaking and then will randomly surge forward in power>

4. And the all so awesome lifter tick <but I might just wait till she goes and drop a new motor in her, unless I can fix it >
Old 08-02-2022, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Reviving this. 2013 2WD L9H. Ordered a new throttle body and will report back after installation. Started doing it after driving through some heavy south florida rain. Next day it did it. Turned around in the neighborhood and went home. Brought the kind inside and came back out to investigate. Fired it back up and it was idling fine. Drove it 100 miles that day, 300 the next week and then did it again a couple days back and would NOT go back to normal so that's when I ordered a throttle body. Fire it up today and the goddamned thing is fine but with the CEL on. I'll scan it today and see what happens.