Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Pulled The Trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If somebody asks me which engine is in my truck I tell them it's a FlexFuel version of the latest Escalade engine, which is basically a truck version of the LS3 in the Corvette and Camaro. I think that's accurate, especially directed at somebody who doesn't know a whole lot about engines. When he said he had a Vette engine put in it, he was likely referring to the fact that he ordered it with the 6.2, which somebody else told him was a Vette engine. A guy who doesn't know his **** probably wouldn't know any better.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Man Motor club

Oh, I almost forgot: congrats on the new ride! Looks great!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gnasty1521
So you cant just buy the insert? I have the valance it goes into obviously.
Yea you can buy just the insert as long as you have the holes that it will pop right into. I bought a new one and cut it up to fill in my coin slot opening. If I remember correctly it runs like $300, not 100%. Ill see if I can find it.

On a side note I would go bck to the dealer and ask them to fix it as it was there in the pictures online and was taken before you took delivery.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gnasty1521
So you cant just buy the insert? I have the valance it goes into obviously.
THe part number for my 08 denali was 15901589. It was listed for $342.39 but I was able to get them so sell it to me for $256.79 as that is what gmpartsdirect listed it for.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Man Motor club

+1 vote on going back to the dealer. They shouldn't have a problem replacing that for you, since it happened while they had it and the photos advertised a complete truck.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjwz28
If somebody asks me which engine is in my truck I tell them it's a FlexFuel version of the latest Escalade engine, which is basically a truck version of the LS3 in the Corvette and Camaro. I think that's accurate, especially directed at somebody who doesn't know a whole lot about engines. When he said he had a Vette engine put in it, he was likely referring to the fact that he ordered it with the 6.2, which somebody else told him was a Vette engine. A guy who doesn't know his **** probably wouldn't know any better.
Originally Posted by Coban
Pretty much everyone does. Its the whole, "Oh you have a 5.3, those 327's are good engines..."

It's just want dumb people do. Being a football player backs up my point...
To stop your guys' argument I found out what happened. DeMarcus told the dealer today that he had a few parts left over that he took off. They sent me picture of how it looked before, and it was dramatic to say the least. It was Matte Black (with a body vinyl), had 26" Asanti's, a huge stereo, and a Brembo Big Brake kit.

The engine was 1000hp he said and he paid 27k for it... This is the engine you guys are talking about he had in the truck... Put the original L92 back in and bolted all of the accessories to it.

He wanted to sell me the brake kit for $4500, which I quickly found on the internet for $4500 brand new, so I said thanks for the offer. He also wanted to sell me the engine, which I couldn't touch with a 10 ft pole. He left the Beefed up trans he had built for that engine in the truck though. And if the trans is tuned like that, they are very tunable apparently.

Originally Posted by rjwz28
+1 vote on going back to the dealer. They shouldn't have a problem replacing that for you, since it happened while they had it and the photos advertised a complete truck.
They are getting me one. I gave them the part number, and I hope they get it quick. The more I look, the more it bothers me... I actually had one of the salesman try to sideline and say that he had aftermarket ones on the truck and took them off (I asked how come they were in the picture of the truck that they had, he said nothing).
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Man Motor club

Hmmm, interesting. Glad to know that a pro football player will still try to sell you a used part for MSRP. I kind of expected a salesman to give you ****, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Glad to hear they're making it right.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't believe he tried to sell it at MSRP. He knows I am a soldier too. I was at the dealership in uniform when I canceled the warranty, and the salesman called him on speaker. He asked who bought it, and the salesman said a soldier, and "yeah hes a cool guy". I would've thought he would come off of it a bit, but it's cool. Maybe he did pay that much for it without knowing what he was buying, ya know? But oh well, he isn't getting 4500 from me for those, I would've prolly paid 2k.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Man Motor club

Oh well, what can you do? You still have a sweet ride and they're replacing your missing grill. Have fun with your new ride!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Def not bent in any way about the situation. I made out like a bandit. 11821 miles, all the mods, for 39k out the door. No problem.

Quick Reply: Pulled The Trigger...