Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

New Tune Details

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met you up at flacos friday I was getting my truck tuned. I ended up getting 274hp which I didn't think was bad for a 5.3 with just a tune and a air filter. I went to HMP friday night and ran twice my best time was a 10.06 pretty slow but not bad for a 4 wheel drive with just a tune
Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigJMatt
I met you up at flacos friday I was getting my truck tuned. I ended up getting 274hp which I didn't think was bad for a 5.3 with just a tune and a air filter. I went to HMP friday night and ran twice my best time was a 10.06 pretty slow but not bad for a 4 wheel drive with just a tune
Hey now you have a baseline to start going faster from. How is your TCM tune? I think I'm going to have him adjust it, alot of my shifts are too firm for daily driving. But my 2nd upshift is plain NASTY, that shift alone will cause my tires to go bald.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Hey now you have a baseline to start going faster from. How is your TCM tune? I think I'm going to have him adjust it, alot of my shifts are too firm for daily driving. But my 2nd upshift is plain NASTY, that shift alone will cause my tires to go bald.

a quality shift isnt nessarily a harsh shift.2nd gear scratch is cool but seems hard on the trans,i will take the firm quick shifts over the bang shifts
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
a quality shift isnt nessarily a harsh shift.2nd gear scratch is cool but seems hard on the trans,i will take the firm quick shifts over the bang shifts
I concur. However when cruising the shifts are beyond firm and very jerky sometimes. I want to get them tuned down a bit for longevity.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
I concur. However when cruising the shifts are beyond firm and very jerky sometimes. I want to get them tuned down a bit for longevity.
mine does this too .. but its not as bad as my nbs. with the 4l60e. would break my neck.. lol..but i love the first to second shift. its like vrrooom lets go.. love the 6 speed. you should have wrapped your drive shaft with grey tape.. lol.. = done.. imo... j/k..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

How long did you spend on the dyno?

Are retunes free?

Did he lock the tune?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAVI05
mine does this too .. but its not as bad as my nbs. with the 4l60e. would break my neck.. lol..but i love the first to second shift. its like vrrooom lets go.. love the 6 speed. you should have wrapped your drive shaft with grey tape.. lol.. = done.. imo... j/k..
Yeah I love the tune, but i'll either have him pull out some line pressure or put some TM back in. Friday morning when my truck was on the Dyno there was 4or 5 people waiting for a tune and kept telling me how they liked my truck and how good it sounded, and were impressed with my dyno number out of 3rd gear. I was totally feeling like i was on a pedestal lol. Sure was some nice trucks there too.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coban
How long did you spend on the dyno?

Are retunes free?

Did he lock the tune?
2-21/2 hours.

Retunes are free- dyno retunes are 125, and i didnt even ask if he locked the tune. I don't even have a way to look at it anyways. After the dyno tune he was gone for like 30mins driving it on the street tuning and making sure all is well.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

How does the new tune compare to your trinity? Are you still using the trinity to make small adjustments?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
How does the new tune compare to your trinity? Are you still using the trinity to make small adjustments?
I sold my Trinity to fund the tune. Actually I kinda miss the Trinity. Seems like the custom tune on my trinity was damn near spot on! It didn't even have the TCM support yet. The shifts were much smoother. Maybe I just need some adjustments...

Quick Reply: New Tune Details