Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

New Tune Details

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I bet with another visit to your tuner you'll be in good shape. I am seriously considering the trinity. It might be a better choice for a guy like me that lives several hours from the tuner, especially if a few trips might be needed to find the comfortable, sweet spot in the tune. The upgradable custom tunes with the trinity seem like a good idea to me. I am glad you shared your tune experience on here. It has given me a few things to think about.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
Interesting. I bet with another visit to your tuner you'll be in good shape. I am seriously considering the trinity. It might be a better choice for a guy like me that lives several hours from the tuner, especially if a few trips might be needed to find the comfortable, sweet spot in the tune. The upgradable custom tunes with the trinity seem like a good idea to me. I am glad you shared your tune experience on here. It has given me a few things to think about.
If you plan on waiting a bit before you buy one you might need to wait.
They will be releasing the new Intune to replace the Predator. It looks like an iphone, size of an iphone and will cost around $200. It will have all the same tuning capabilities as trinity, with out the 1/4 mile,1.8mile, dragstrip estimator. I highly suggest contacting Lewis Eaton(Lew, Diablew,06MonteSS)
all his aliases. He will build you a custom tune for any GM vehicle based on Logs he'll have you take. The gains are just as good as a tuners. DS programmers are tuned with CMR software, and from 1st hand experience i would highly recommend this to anyone. Lots of people will say how much better a custom tuner is better than a programmer; which is true! However when you have Lew make u a tune i'd put it up against anyone else's custom tune all day long!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot ofo tuners really bump the pressure to get that race trans feel. Normall just 0'ing the shift times and deleting tq mgmt is plenty firm.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I'm sure he did that to help the seat of pants excitement. One of these days when my worlds slows down I'll hook up with him and have him tweak it a bit! Besides that it runs good! I'd really like to know how much of a performance difference the 3.42s are to the 3.73s! I've been talked out of 4.10s on a 6spd but I'd like at least 3.90s. Hell I need to drag my *** to royal purple raceway soon to get some 1/4mile times.

Oh and if anyones from Houston area HoustonPerformanceTrucks.com is having a truck shootout Saturday. I'd love to go see Flacos trucks run 8's but I'm stuck going to a fund raiser.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Yeah, I'm sure he did that to help the seat of pants excitement. One of these days when my worlds slows down I'll hook up with him and have him tweak it a bit! Besides that it runs good! I'd really like to know how much of a performance difference the 3.42s are to the 3.73s! I've been talked out of 4.10s on a 6spd but I'd like at least 3.90s. Hell I need to drag my *** to royal purple raceway soon to get some 1/4mile times.

Oh and if anyones from Houston area HoustonPerformanceTrucks.com is having a truck shootout Saturday. I'd love to go see Flacos trucks run 8's but I'm stuck going to a fund raiser.
U talking bout 3.42's and 3.73's in the 6.2's?? There is a video of mine and my cousins, mine has 3.73 and his 3.42....
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Eeww Stink-adena! haha Nice numbers man!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

It's funny I'd run into this thread. My boy is from Houston and I'm not. He told me about Flacko, so I shipped my Burban to TX last week. He is adding some goodies to the motor and Flacko is giving a good tune. Thanks for the reassurance. I've seen his truck on the dyno and at the track on youtube. When I get back I'm going to go down to see hiim in actiion in real life.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8UALIVE
U talking bout 3.42's and 3.73's in the 6.2's?? There is a video of mine and my cousins, mine has 3.73 and his 3.42....
So he got jump on u with the 3.42s but u ended up pulling on him in 3rd gear?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tamatt27
Eeww Stink-adena! haha Nice numbers man!
That's it! But he's. Closer to 45 so it don't stink there, but with his work I'd call his end Pasa get down ena!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04Burban
It's funny I'd run into this thread. My boy is from Houston and I'm not. He told me about Flacko, so I shipped my Burban to TX last week. He is adding some goodies to the motor and Flacko is giving a good tune. Thanks for the reassurance. I've seen his truck on the dyno and at the track on youtube. When I get back I'm going to go down to see hiim in actiion in real life.
His shop is PACKED with some bas *** rides! I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied!

Quick Reply: New Tune Details