Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

LT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leecostruck
Rule number 1: Never give wife paycheck...Cash your check peel off a hundred and give whats left to her in cash and dont put cash in ur wallet, women can smell money.

I second the could be worse you could be driving a ford! If that was the case you would be paying someone like me just to keep it on the road for you.
I just keep my own bank account. That way we both have our own spending $. once bills and all is paid we have extra cash to spend as we please.

Then again it cost damn near $100 to fill up my truck and 70 for her jeep.
Good thing i don't pay for my fuel or i'd be pushing that thing to work.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

No kidding on the fuel prices lately, My hunded mile round trip to work is killing me right now. I was hoping that our fearless president would have opened the gates for more drilling. A friend of mine owns an oil company naturally he loves high fuel prices and he is laughing all the way to the bank right now, maybe ill go see if he can fill my truck up on his company card! thats one thing we dont see eye to eye on is the price of oil.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

just ordered some arh 1 7/8 primarys with 3" collectors and no cats y pipe. 1395 to my door. hopefully i will have them by next week
Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

No kidding on the fuel prices lately, My hunded mile round trip to work is killing me right now. I was hoping that our fearless president would have opened the gates for more drilling. A friend of mine owns an oil company naturally he loves high fuel prices and he is laughing all the way to the bank right now, maybe ill go see if he can fill my truck up on his company card! thats one thing we dont see eye to eye on is the price of oil.

having a company card is nice... But you still don't have the money you would spend on gas if you didn't have one. It's allotted else where. Wish i could save it for more truck parts.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

He buys everything with the company card. Snap on dealer loves me for it. He has to have everything I have in my tool box eventhough he isnt a technician. If I tell him Im about to buy a specific tool he will call up my snap on dealer and order the same thing and go pick it up so he can have it before I do.

Company card is nice and yes it is allotted elsewhere. He has nothing to his name, he drives company truck, company house, company pays all bills, and he makes like 13 bucks an hour. If the company goes under he is on the street. Its not a bad gig as long as the oil price stays up or the company doesnt go belly up. Other than that hes on the street.

I also wouldnt be hit so hard by fuel prices if i didnt have such a long drive to work either. I use two tanks a week including weekends. I pass up three other dealerships on the way to work. Those dealerships are suddenly starting to look a lot better to work for than the one i currently work at. I could save about 60-70 bucks a week by cutting my drive in half! thats more money for parts right there!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish i could buy tools on my company card. Or even my mortgage payment. That would be sweet!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

You arent lying...I wish I was spoiled rich kid sometimes.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but you know that since we work hard for our posessions we take care of them and have more respect for them. PLus we know how to use them, because we buy them for a purpose not just to sit in our box to look cool!!

Last edited by BrutalSierra; 03-11-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

It's almost like you know the guy I'm talking about! Lol I guess there are more than just a few spoiled rich kids in the world
Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's almost like you know the guy I'm talking about! Lol I guess there are more than just a few spoiled rich kids in the world
Yeah unfortunately there are. And alot of people flock to them because they have cool cars and their parents give them money to buy whatever they want for them. I personally get alot of satisfaction building my cars to perform better than theirs and do it all under my budget not mommy's and daddy's. Plus my hands are greasy when i'm done. Not some performance shops! I would love to learn how to cam swaps, as i would like to eventually put one in my truck but don't want to pay anyone to do it. But one thing at a time i guess. maybe i'll practice on my buddies LS1 SS lol.

Quick Reply: LT Headers