Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Guess the saying "Like a rock".........

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, that bolt has been walking back and forth for some time..

Try avoiding all those curbs and you will be ok.
you can use 12ga metal with the right bends and shape and make it stronger than a peice of 1/4".

If you dont like the way they designed it but still want the truck, redesign it and let us know what your findings are.. im curious.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
Again, waaaabulance. Build a bridge and get over it.
I thought it was cry me a river build a bridge, get over it ?

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Dont wreck your truck and you wont have that problem sugar ****.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait, this is your 2012 truck that got totalled? my question would not be why did your suspension mount give out, since im sure some hefty math and protractors could tell you why that happened (eggheads); but i would ask my insurance how they can total out a brand new truck less than a year old for that little damage. im far too lazy to upload images of my green 98 silverado but my dumb *** got into two front collisions, one being a 94 deville and the other a bastard grand prix gt. both completely flattened the front end by at least 3 inches and the second hit bent the very end of the frame. the part the bumper goes on to. the reason it was totalled out the second time was my airbags. my friends bitched about me not having the passanger bag on and the one time i forget it goes off. well like Byrdman11 said, a good tech can repair that. haha i just got done drooling over a lovely zo6 that had hit a curb and tore off the control arm, causing the tire to come off and smack the side as it skid. well its in the frame shop being straightened and that cost 18000 bucks for the frame repair, not touching the body work yet. thats eighteen thousand dollars. insurance companies usually look to see how much the repairs are, and if it hits 75-80% of the vehicle, then its totalled. my insurance company is about 90% of vehicle worth. honestly i was a couple hundred off from NOT being totalled, but i said my goodbyes to my fist love chevy and bought my 07 nnbs and now i hardly drive her cuz i got a bike this year haha. talk to your insurance. ive seen companies take a new frame and stick it under a new truck for something like this. if that truck is worth 31k then you should be in a rental car right now doing donuts while your truck gets worked on... on a side note, the images you uploaded only show me that the ford and dodge mounts are larger, that means at another angle of approach the force would bend the metal in a different matter. its all in the angle and the egghead terminology. yes it sucks that it broke, but i would not be letting my insurance company total a brand new truck. thats where this whole story is stupid... sugar ****... HAHAHAHAA that reminds me of fight club.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Who wouldn't want it totalled exactly? So you can get a brand new truck out of the deal or some body shop scabbed together junk heap...... Hmmm..... Real tough one there.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Different day, different scenario. And for the safety of others, do your make up and hair at home.
I definitely laughed at this comment.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may look into a 6.2L. Hard to find one for a reasonable price. You think one with a cam/tune and maybe c/b exhaust would tickle 12's?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hows about u shopping for a dodge?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
Hows about u shopping for a dodge?
The outer tierods on 1500 dodges are ready to fall off at 30k miles, and I mean fall off.
See it 2 -3 times a month in my shop. I send the owner back to the dealer for warranty.

I thinks I would rather have a frame tab that bends on a 4 inch curb impact than steering linkage that is sitting on my driveway.

Whoever wrote off that truck for that is on the take from someone. Way more to that story.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

I like the Ram, best looking truck of them all IMO. Aftermarket isn't as good or as cheap. Plus, the Diablosport tuning is nothing compared to HPT or EFILive.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Well, guess it's saving up and seeing what I can find time.

Quick Reply: Guess the saying "Like a rock".........