Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

GMT 900 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
Yep, now to decide chevy or gmc... 300 horsepower or so stock from a 4.8 is defenitely nothing to sneeze at. But i'm used to my dad's 390 rwhp Formula or my *soon to be* quick '72 stepside. Anything I do will retain mileage. No cam or stall for a long time. What gear ratio do you have schino? On the Chevy site it won't even let you build a work truck with power windows for some reason. I would get the 5.3 for sure if you could get a w/t six speed. But I don't want vvt, dod, or the mandatory stabilitrack.
3.73 gears. with a 93 octain tune and the exhaust done i get very consistent 19mpg. with the truck stock it got 17. at the time i got mine it was an option for power windows. if you ever decide to do cam the 4.8 is much easier because it doesnt have DOD so you dont have to change lifters.

Originally Posted by 08Chevy
You got yours for 21k?

Sounds like you got ripped dude. I got mine for 27,5xx after ttl and this is an extended cab texas editon with the 5.3, 3:73s and the 20s. 31k stickered.
i dont think i got ripped off. sticker was 24 something. i got this thing in sept 07 so it was before the gas price spike and all that other bullshit which drove truck prices wayyyyy down. not sure what all the texas edition has but my truck is loaded (for a WT) besides the power windows.

Originally Posted by ig109
Im getting ready to upgrade to power windows.. doesnt really cost that much to add them later.. The kit is like 150.. comes with switches and wiring.. I got the WT to save money at the time, and thought i would add the nice things later..

Do whatever you think will work for you, but keep in mind.. rolling the passenger window down from the driver seat is impossible, even with long arms for a 6'5" person like myself..
I added switches in my center console that will be used for the windows. i believe the NBS regulators are the same and also the same as the tahoes and all those SUV's. dont quote me but i im pretty sure thats what i concluded. and yes your def not getting the window down without undoing your seatbelt and sittin in the middle.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still torn on Chevy vs. Gmc.... I hate the big *** bowtie that you have to leave on the tailgate unless you get body work, same for the grill. I think gmc is winning.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
Still torn on Chevy vs. Gmc.... I hate the big *** bowtie that you have to leave on the tailgate unless you get body work, same for the grill. I think gmc is winning.
FYI the tailgate bowtie is just stuck on with 3M adhesive. No body work needed. But go GMC! they look better!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, maybe that was the SUVs or something, I'm not sure. I thought something or another had a sunken in bowtie that you had to fill in if you took it off.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

pffttt. That bowtie on the front end is what makes the girls ****** wet dude. get your **** right lol jk.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmm, my current blue bowtie doesn't have that effect. Maybe if it was gold... Gmc, got more class. Or gets more coochy
Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Originally Posted by ig109
Im getting ready to upgrade to power windows.. doesnt really cost that much to add them later.. The kit is like 150.. comes with switches and wiring.. I got the WT to save money at the time, and thought i would add the nice things later..

Do whatever you think will work for you, but keep in mind.. rolling the passenger window down from the driver seat is impossible, even with long arms for a 6'5" person like myself..

can u pm me with where i can get said kit? thanks....
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get the GMC dude.... so when you take your badass truck out on the town the girls can tell you "GimMe C*ck" jfwy..ive had mine for a year, an love the GMC just hate the damn rear seal always leaking lol.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

GMC ftw!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Why a LB?

Quick Reply: GMT 900 questions