Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

available cams for 6.2L sierra

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 AM
cam
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get a mail order tune done from Geoff ( not sure if Pat G offers this ) and then tweak the tune to perfection afterwards if you cant get your truck down to them in person.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
13 Second Truck Club

That's a nice option to have being so far away...

RXDawg lives in GA, not a bad road trip...

If they tune my truck with EFI Live I wonder if I can access later with HP Tuners?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

I was hoping there was a way I could log some data and then do the mail order tune. I know Justin at Blackbear has a way of doing this. That's kinda what I meant when I said I don't know anything about the EFI live, but I'll learn. Yeah, I wouldn't mind driving to LA. I'm an hour and a half from Savannah in SE Georgia that would be a long trip man. My wife would probably want to ride....then we'd probably have to stop and shop...etc the list goes on....mail order tune is the best for me.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
cam
TECH Addict

If they tune my truck with EFI Live I wonder if I can access later with HP Tuners?
Im pretty sure this is possible so long as the tuner doesnt lock the tune. Just be sure to ask about this before you get it done. If you find out about this from one of the tuners please post up about it as Im not sure what im going to do and need to know some more details as well.

I also know that its very important that both you and the tuner share the same definition files or all you'll see is code. Not sure if this is still relevant as I have tunercat experience but not HP or efilive. Anyways definitely some questions to ask the tuner.

I was hoping there was a way I could log some data and then do the mail order tune.
This definitely makes the most sense to me and Im sure you will end up with a better tune if you do. I dont see why this isnt possible so long as you and the tuner come up with a plan ahead of time.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RXDawg
Yeah, I wouldn't mind driving to LA. I'm an hour and a half from Savannah in SE Georgia that would be a long trip man.
Aww C'mon man, boiled Crawfish and cold beer you can't go wrong...

Do they have a dyno @ EPS?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markislive78
Aww C'mon man, boiled Crawfish and cold beer you can't go wrong...

Do they have a dyno @ EPS?
Pretty sure he does, he was talking about a car he dynoed when I was talking to him, so there's either one at his shop or closeby he has access to. Sorry I can't be more specific...
Old 03-28-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
i dislike the cam in my 6.2 with 11:1 comperssion ill pull it an go with a spec'd cam from Geoff
What don't you like about it? I thought you went pretty reasonable with the specs?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

guys....talking with Geoff he made me doubt myself a little. I am almost certain 6.2 do NOT have AFM...I am correct right? He wanted to make sure before cam was sent out due to lifter failure. iamkeniff I think you have pointed out the differences before as where 5.3 have, 6.0 may or may not, and 6.2's don't. I'm just making sure.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are correct, 6.2 does not have AFM. Just look at the valley cover on the front passenger side, there should be a breather coming out of it...this also confirms the lack of AFM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

yep, breather there. Thanks for the backup.

Quick Reply: available cams for 6.2L sierra