Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

available cams for 6.2L sierra

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That's what I wonder, I keep gathering from everywhere for some reason that it won't........

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 03-25-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Patrick G VVT custom cam through Geoff at EPS yesterday. It says right on my spec sheet that they are EPS lobes. Im doing a swap along with a manual trans so its a completely different animal than most of your rides but I did a lot of research on cams for VVT before I bought. Patrick G is really the only guy out there right now aside from NewEra performance and MAST who is tuning and getting into VVT cams. New Era only sells one package ( at least thats all they had when i spoke with them ) and they are tight lipped about what the specs are and besides that they sell the cam as an INSTALLATION package ONLY so unless you want to take your ride there your screwed. MAST performance sells cams but they are all around .560 lift and designed around their own stand alone harness and tune. Besides that their cams have way more duration than i think is nec if you watch the guys making big power with these heads the cams they use are nothing like MAST cams. If you read some of the cam threads that make excellent power through L92 heads over at tech and CVP you'll see that it doesnt take big duration to make big power through these amazing heads. Whats absolutely CRUCIAL however is to get the valve events and the lobe design selected properly.

EPS lobes are making great power with relatively small duration on a lot of builds nowadays so for me the decision was easy.

Pat G EPS cam was really the only sensible choice for me.

Good luck boys. Tell em cam sent ya!

Hopefully by name dropping me these guys can help me get this thing dialed in LOL I need all the help I can get
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

alright just got off the phone with Geoff at EPS...seems to be nice enough guy and I've been on hold most of the day with Comp. I think I will stick with the vvt and have some local guys stick the cam in once I order it. They used to work at the local GM dealership and do good work. Anyway.....now I've got to call him back and pick the cam and I think I'm going to go ahead and buy EFI live from him also so he can give me a base tune so I know the truck will run after the cam has been installed. Now I will have to learn how to use it. Oh well with great help on this forum maybe it will not be too bad... any suggestions on the cam? I will be changing the converter soon if driveability isn't right
Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 PM
cam
TECH Addict

any suggestions on the cam?
For the small cost this guys got a great reputation for spec'ing custom cams and hes friends with Geoff at EPS. Tell him your goals and fill in his order sheet and he'll look after exactly what you want

Patrick G

Tell him cam sent you
Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by cam
Patrick G is really the only guy out there right now aside from NewEra performance and MAST who is tuning and getting into VVT cams.
Awesome news please keep us posted.... Does Patrick tune with EFILive or HPTuners?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

EFI Live...............
Old 03-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pat G an Geoff can sit down an spec a cam together an itll be so
close theres no real difference in HP/TQ
imho you cant go wrong with either one. i dislike the cam in my 6.2 with 11:1 comperssion ill pull it an go with a spec'd cam from Geoff
Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

my cam will be on it's way this coming week....then install soon hopefully...then get the tune right. I've got a lot of learning about EFI to do......I know i will just buy a tune, but I still want to know how to use the program..I don't want to be one of those guys who have something and not know anything about it. Also got to figure what converter will be right for me.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2800-3000 imo, you can still tow with it, race with it, an im pretty sure go off road if need be.

i run a 3200 in my CC an i love it. imma run it on my 6.2 an if its not enough ill go up
to a 3400 an thats it. im also gonna be running 4:10s. ill probably lower my truck more so i can run a wider rim/tire combo for street trim. ill need all the tire to the ground that i can get lmao
Old 03-28-2010, 08:31 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RXDawg
my cam will be on it's way this coming week....then install soon hopefully...then get the tune right. I've got a lot of learning about EFI to do......I know i will just buy a tune, but I still want to know how to use the program..I don't want to be one of those guys who have something and not know anything about it. Also got to figure what converter will be right for me.
Won't Pat G or Geoff need your vehicle in person to tune properly? I'd drive down to Baton Rouge and get it right... Just my .02

Quick Reply: available cams for 6.2L sierra