Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Another "finally lowered" thread LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have pictures of your install of the suspension and what size tires? Are those stock 20's?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

No notch, no pics and yes 275/55/20.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

You should get the front DJM sway too! It makes a difference!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

I've decided to stick with the factory front bar because I have the 36mm bar that comes with a suspension package, can't think of what GM calls it but there are two thicknesses. I'll swap out the bushings with poly, have already done the end links.

Need to complain a bit, always do when it comes to alignments. Right after the drop I took it to a shop near my office. They said it came into spec fine, but didn't have a printout (printer was broken was the excuse). Just looking at the truck I could see some extra negative camber that day, I decided to just kept an eye on it for a little while and noticed that the front tires are starting to feather a bit and the steering is heavy and doesn't center well so I took it back in today on the alignment warranty. I got an oil change just to make nice too. They called back to inform me that the lower ball joints are going bad...which is possible but I just had my hands on them a two weeks ago and they were fine. He gave me an estimate even though he knows I do my own work, fine, it's his job. But then he said it would cost to re-align, assuming the ball joints went bad and caused it to come out of spec...I reminded him they didn't provide a print out the first time, nor any warning of bad joints the first time and I noted that the camber has always appeared a couple of degrees negative which was confirmed by the check today, almost 2 degrees out each side. He backed up and said no problem, covered under the alignment warranty.

From past experience they will over-torque the upper arms (destroying the bushings) or under-torque, both of which will quickly wreck an alignment. In this case if they under-tightened and my alignment slipped, I could have wrecked the bj's at that point...now to "fix" the problem they'll torque the **** out of them and the bushings will get destroyed. Wish I had an alignment rack!!!

Last edited by Leevon; 01-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Import Moderator

I hate getting alignments done. I was strongly considering the DJM 3" control arms at one point but can't find a shop competent enough to do the job right
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beastmode
I hate getting alignments done. I was strongly considering the DJM 3" control arms at one point but can't find a shop competent enough to do the job right
I just ordered the djm 3/5 kit with the control arms so we will see how the alignment goes lol
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Rides much better now, of course I'll have to pull it into the garage and have a look-see at everything...
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good.

Do you have a pump for the helpers or do you have to add air yourself?
Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by tiffo60
I just ordered the djm 3/5 kit with the control arms so we will see how the alignment goes lol
Will keep an eye out for your thread/feedback... very interested in this kit
Old 01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beastmode
Will keep an eye out for your thread/feedback... very interested in this kit
Will do, they show that the kit will be delivered tomorrow so all I will be waiting on then will be the rotors and brakes then I will put it all on at once. Hopefully end of the week sometime

Quick Reply: Another "finally lowered" thread LOL