Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

All Lights On Dash Go CRAZY under spirited driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Lights On Dash Go CRAZY under spirited driving!!!

I have a 07 AWD Sierra Denali with a Procharger system pushing 8 psi. Sometimes if I get on the gas 50-60% from a stop all the lights on the dash come on and stay on. The info center displays service stabilatrac,traction control off and the brake light,abs light and the stabilitrac light stay lite. It usually goes away after turning the car off but sometimes it takes a couple of cycles with the key. There are no codes in the pcm to erase when looking at it with a scanner. My tuner thinks that the pcm just cannot understand why the truck is accel. faster then it should because of the supercharger. Is there a bulletin or a flash for the pcm that may fix this problem?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

this seems to be a common problem on the new trucks related to the headers and some wire that needs to be relocated. Someone here had that problem and his truck would shut off when he went WOT and all lights would be flashing
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
this seems to be a common problem on the new trucks related to the headers and some wire that needs to be relocated. Someone here had that problem and his truck would shut off when he went WOT and all lights would be flashing
I had the truck shut off on me once when I replaced the mass air with another one while cleaning the first one. It seemed that the replacement mass air was not calibrated to the truck and it would cause the truck to shut off when driven hard. That all stopped after putting the first mass air back on it. I tried a search but could not come up with any results pertaining to my problem. Do you remember who had a similar problem?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd say you are overwhelming the traction control/stabilitrac.
disable it in your tune if you can.
those lights are all related
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
formerly Stroked-DSM (11/24/2010)

Maybe there is a loose ground? I've had some weird stuff like that happen in my car because of a bad ground.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=441523

"found out what the problem was... the headers would press against the ignition wiring harness and the against the chassis causing a short.. relocated the ignition wiring harness to another location and everything is working great!"
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hope you can fix that problem, man. norris83 had a thread on here a few weeks ago with the same problem and it turned out to be the headers pressing against the harness. I had a different problem the other day, my steering shaft was slightly bent and touching the header at one spot and binding. Just another one of those things you have to look out for when you're doing headers on these trucks.
Make sure you disable not only the traction control, but the stabiltrac as well. Just hold the T/C button in for 10 secs and it will disable the stabilitrac. That's how I run my truck, as well as turning on the tow/trailer mode, which allows it to shift quick enough that it doesn't hit the limiter on the Nitrous. The one time that I accidentally ran it on the spray with the traction control enabled, it did all kind of funky things, like shift early and then downshift again etc. but I didn't notice any light's flashing (probably because I was paying attention to driving it down the track whilst trying to figure out what it was doing).
BTW: How does your truck run with the Procharger? I'm using Nitrous on mine, but sometimes I wish that I had instant on-demand power. I'm a big fan of Procharger power, since I have a 1200HP Procharged 540 in my 26' American Offshore cat, and it accelerates like a fart in a hurricane! I went on their website the other day, but couldn't get much info there.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlt76028
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=441523

"found out what the problem was... the headers would press against the ignition wiring harness and the against the chassis causing a short.. relocated the ignition wiring harness to another location and everything is working great!"

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check on all the wires and connections next time it goes up on the lift.

CI DENALI: About your question regarding the Procharger. It's ok and it definatly shines up on top, but I think nothing beats a Magnacharger on a heavy truck if your looking for constant performance. I love having N2O on my rides but I would hate to mount a bottle anywhere in this truck. Who knows I might just give it a couple of months and take off the Procharger system and get a Magnacharger system.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GONEB4U
Thanks for the info guys, I'll check on all the wires and connections next time it goes up on the lift.

CI DENALI: About your question regarding the Procharger. It's ok and it definatly shines up on top, but I think nothing beats a Magnacharger on a heavy truck if your looking for constant performance. I love having N2O on my rides but I would hate to mount a bottle anywhere in this truck. Who knows I might just give it a couple of months and take off the Procharger system and get a Magnacharger system.
I hear you about the low end grunt, which is what we need most with these trucks. The centrifugals work great on race cars and light boats, but nothing makes instant boost like a Positive displacement blower, other than nitrous.
The Magnacharger Radix Max TVS system is, in my opinion, is the nicest DIY one overall. I say this because it is a complete system and the instructions are the most explicit I've seen. I mean, they have color pic's of every step. AND it looks damn nice too!
Maybe I'll take some pics of my nitrous installation so you can see how I managed to install my nitrous without drilling a single hole in the metal of my truck! The only two things that I bored holes in was the engine cover, which is where I have the nitrous control module/solenoid assembly (Zex has a neat one piece unit) and the Zex Window Switch mounted, and the rubber grommet for the hood cable so that I could get the wires inside the truck for the activation switch.
I have the bottle mounted upright on the Cargo Management System rail inside the bed and I ran the hose under the truck and up through the side of the bed where its open under the rail. Turned out pretty good, if I must say so myself. And that sexy purple bottle sure gets a lot of attention at the track! My truck was only 2 months old when I put the Nitrous on it, so I know how you feel about not boring it full of holes. I'll see if I can do some pic's this weekend and post them.
I honestly thought about it for all of two seconds before I ordered the N2O kit, because I had a date with a Dodge Hemi Ram on that weekend. Suffice it to say that he don't come round the track no more.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CI DENALI
I hear you about the low end grunt, which is what we need most with these trucks. The centrifugals work great on race cars and light boats, but nothing makes instant boost like a Positive displacement blower, other than nitrous.
The Magnacharger Radix Max TVS system is, in my opinion, is the nicest DIY one overall. I say this because it is a complete system and the instructions are the most explicit I've seen. I mean, they have color pic's of every step. AND it looks damn nice too!
Maybe I'll take some pics of my nitrous installation so you can see how I managed to install my nitrous without drilling a single hole in the metal of my truck! The only two things that I bored holes in was the engine cover, which is where I have the nitrous control module/solenoid assembly (Zex has a neat one piece unit) and the Zex Window Switch mounted, and the rubber grommet for the hood cable so that I could get the wires inside the truck for the activation switch.
I have the bottle mounted upright on the Cargo Management System rail inside the bed and I ran the hose under the truck and up through the side of the bed where its open under the rail. Turned out pretty good, if I must say so myself. And that sexy purple bottle sure gets a lot of attention at the track! My truck was only 2 months old when I put the Nitrous on it, so I know how you feel about not boring it full of holes. I'll see if I can do some pic's this weekend and post them.
I honestly thought about it for all of two seconds before I ordered the N2O kit, because I had a date with a Dodge Hemi Ram on that weekend. Suffice it to say that he don't come round the track no more.
Cool. I would love to see some pics of your install. Who knows, maybe one of my 8 NOS bottles may find a home in the bed of my truck.

Quick Reply: All Lights On Dash Go CRAZY under spirited driving!!!