Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adjustable 3/6 - 4/7 Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I meant to say 2" to 4" drop upfront, idk why I put 1".
I really like the GF coils but I want another inch more drop and I really cant use the adjustable struts with these coils so I just figured it'd be better to basically swap the 2" drop from the coils to spindles and then be able to run the adjustable struts.

What would be the benefits of going from GF leafsprings/shackles to a flip kit. Ride quality?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
Yeah I meant to say 2" to 4" drop upfront, idk why I put 1".
I really like the GF coils but I want another inch more drop and I really cant use the adjustable struts with these coils so I just figured it'd be better to basically swap the 2" drop from the coils to spindles and then be able to run the adjustable struts.

What would be the benefits of going from GF leafsprings/shackles to a flip kit. Ride quality?

or you can just keep the coils, add the spindles. try the 4" and see how you like it. 4" is perfect.

the ride not so much. the only thing bad about leafs is they reduce your payload, the GF's are tested up to 1000lbs.

with a flip kit, you still maintain most of the payload, you are able to tow easier, and you can add helpber bags to your kit and notch as well, also go really low. you will need your stock shackles for the flip kit.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now I remember why I said 1" to 4" drop. The adjustable struts are said to be able to give you from a two inch drop to a one inch lift, though idk how many people would do that.

Dont laugh or give me a hard time but I think this might me a dumb question. What if I added the drop spindles to my lowering coils for a 4" drop, but then add the adjustable struts and set it for a one inch lift. I really just want to go 3" drop for the most part, and I really dont want to get rid of my GF coils plus itll save me from buying some stock coils. Is this even possible or is this hot day just causing my stupidity.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
Now I remember why I said 1" to 4" drop. The adjustable struts are said to be able to give you from a two inch drop to a one inch lift, though idk how many people would do that.

Dont laugh or give me a hard time but I think this might me a dumb question. What if I added the drop spindles to my lowering coils for a 4" drop, but then add the adjustable struts and set it for a one inch lift. I really just want to go 3" drop for the most part, and I really dont want to get rid of my GF coils plus itll save me from buying some stock coils. Is this even possible or is this hot day just causing my stupidity.
if you want 3", just get the struts and set to 1" or you can find out if McGauhy's coil relocator works with drop coils.

call MCG's and ask them if the coil reolocator works witht drop coils without alignment issues or other problems. They should know. if they say it's good to go, then order that and set it to 1" and your done.