Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

6.2L Exhaust Recommendations

Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

15121 ecsb 12 6.2 would work fine ? Corsa isn't best option ?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbig
15121 ecsb 12 6.2 would work fine ? Corsa isn't best option ?
Corsa is not worth the price plus ur down sizing
Old 06-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Really ? Downsizing from factory with a corsa ? Aren't both 3.5
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Corsa is 3", factory is 3.5".
Old 06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Corsa is not worth the price plus ur down sizing
Youve obviously never had a corsa. It is a top quality exhaust with a good exhaust note and has absolutely NO drone. It has the highest quality stainless steel, clamps, instructions, and exhaust tip. It is expensive but in this instance, the saying "you get what you pay for" is true. The corsa exhaust on my Dmax was $1200 if you really want to talk expensive, but Ill spend it again if I get another Dmax.

The only reason Im not putting a corsa on my new truck is simply because I tow quite a bit on long hauls with headers and no cats. There simply isnt a way to tame the noise to a level I want since I want it to be stock quiet. If I didnt have a young kid and another planned Id get another corsa exhaust for sure.

3" exhaust is plenty for a bolt on 6.2. There have been quite a few people over the years put down over 400rwhp through a full 3" exhaust. Im sure you could gain a few HP going with a bigger exhaust but personally Id sacrifice a few HP for much better quality and NO drone. I hate it and it gives me a headache so no drone is of top priority to me. Ive yet to hear anything other than a stock exhaust have no drone at all.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Is 4" going to be real loud? I am looking for it to be louder than stock but not horrendous (not real concerned with drone, if it annoys me too much ill look into the fix of adding a tune pipe after the muffler). Anyone know of a good 4" muffler to suggest to keep it from being obnoxously loud but but louder than stock? I've seen aero turbine and magnaflow as 4" possibilities.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Anything but OEM and Corsa cat-backs have a 99% chance of droning like a *****. If you aren't 16, it'll probably get old.... But its only my opinion.

Once you start adding multiple mufflers and resonators, you might as well just have stock.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shaw_426hemi
Is 4" going to be real loud? I am looking for it to be louder than stock but not horrendous (not real concerned with drone, if it annoys me too much ill look into the fix of adding a tune pipe after the muffler). Anyone know of a good 4" muffler to suggest to keep it from being obnoxously loud but but louder than stock? I've seen aero turbine and magnaflow as 4" possibilities.
I use magnaflow #12909 on mine. I have tried borla xr1, aeroturbine, hooker aerochamber, and they were all too loud! The maggy is pretty tame even with lt's. If you want something a little louder that stock, that's a good one for the 6.2. It's 3.5" though.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Youve obviously never had a corsa. It is a top quality exhaust with a good exhaust note and has absolutely NO drone. It has the highest quality stainless steel, clamps, instructions, and exhaust tip. It is expensive but in this instance, the saying "you get what you pay for" is true. The corsa exhaust on my Dmax was $1200 if you really want to talk expensive, but Ill spend it again if I get another Dmax.

The only reason Im not putting a corsa on my new truck is simply because I tow quite a bit on long hauls with headers and no cats. There simply isnt a way to tame the noise to a level I want since I want it to be stock quiet. If I didnt have a young kid and another planned Id get another corsa exhaust for sure.

3" exhaust is plenty for a bolt on 6.2. There have been quite a few people over the years put down over 400rwhp through a full 3" exhaust. Im sure you could gain a few HP going with a bigger exhaust but personally Id sacrifice a few HP for much better quality and NO drone. I hate it and it gives me a headache so no drone is of top priority to me. Ive yet to hear anything other than a stock exhaust have no drone at all.
Dont get me wrong I had Corsa on a Z28 and LOVED IT it is top of the line but im going by see and done, and 6.2Ls come with 3 1/2" pipe factory which is good i dont see why going down to a 3'' is any better? 6.2L love to breath and fart, im no pro but ive been going by what some of the guys here say, think, and do I picked up a good amount jumping to a 4'' exhaust vs the stock size for performance Corsa has the best sounding exhaust IMO just done think i would down size my pipe
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

If drone is an issue then yeah I can see why corsa would be a choice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.2L Exhaust Recommendations