Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2WD or 4WD VMAX

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2WD or 4WD VMAX

Ok here's my problem on deciding what I want to do. First off I know that no one can decide for me but I would like any opinions and input that anyone has. The 2 main things that I am trying to choose between is: 1-Can't decide if I should get a crew cab or extended cab and 2-Can't decide if I want 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.

I have a crew cab GMC Z-71 now and I never really use 4WD. I think I have used it once within the year and a half I have had it, but I am thinking to myself what if I ever need it at least it will be there. It doesnt really get bad as far as whether around here but it goes back to knowing that you got it if you ever need it. I am not the going out mudding kind of guy either so. And as far as extended cab or crew cab I like the crew cab but I like the way the extended cabs look too. lol i know that this may make no sence but I just had to vent a little and see if anyone had any opinions.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

In MN 4WD's hold there value better, or at least that's my perception.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say go for the Crew Cab if you go with the 4x4 your only option is 4.10 gears on the 2WD you get 3.73's. I pull a 24x8.5 enclosed car hauler I opted for the 2WD for increased towing capacity.

Sean
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go with a ecsb 4wd.... thats my next truck right there...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless you have people riding in the back seat often, I think the extended cab is better. You can get the standard size bed (6'6") , the truck is lighter, and cheaper.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JT-bo
Unless you have people riding in the back seat often, I think the extended cab is better. You can get the standard size bed (6'6") , the truck is lighter, and cheaper.
Well from time to time I do have some people riding in the back and I like that idea of them getting in and out without having to open my door or the passenger door. I believe I have just about decided to go with the crew cab, v max, 4x4. Still thinking bout it hard though, I got awhile before I decide on what to get. It's tough trying to decide on a new truck lol.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

I bought a CCSB 4wd LTZ vamx and love it. I use the 4wd and need the extra space all my friends are 6'2'' plus. I would ask what trim you are looking and and if price was a issue. I think you could get a ecsb 2wd LTZ for about 32K as or get a ccsb 4wd LT for 35k. The LTZ is very nice and if you are looking for a nice DD and don't want to spend 40+ for the ccsb 4wd its by far the better choice and will save a nice chunk of money. IMO
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ob_silverado
I bought a CCSB 4wd LTZ vamx and love it. I use the 4wd and need the extra space all my friends are 6'2'' plus. I would ask what trim you are looking and and if price was a issue. I think you could get a ecsb 2wd LTZ for about 32K as or get a ccsb 4wd LT for 35k. The LTZ is very nice and if you are looking for a nice DD and don't want to spend 40+ for the ccsb 4wd its by far the better choice and will save a nice chunk of money. IMO
Well thats the thing. I love the CCSB 4wd LTZ vmax and i know that its gonne be every bit of the 40K price range. My thing is I have always had 2wd trucks up until the one I have now, I have never been a 4wd kind of guy. I have only used the 4wd on this truck I have now just once and I am just thinking that I could save some money and just get a 2wd but then again the 4wd is nice to have, but someone told me today that if you never use then why get it. lol sorry for keepin on ramblin here.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Teching In

I believe I am gonna go with the extended cab, 2wd, and fix it up kind of as a SS theme.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

good choice, if you don't need 4wd, 2wd, is cheaper, lighter and better on gas, spend what you save on mods,

Quick Reply: 2WD or 4WD VMAX