Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

'08 on 3/6 DJM

Old 11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 on 3/6 DJM

here's my red sled. DJM 3/6 with MCG helper bags. Yukon 20's chromed, Hankook 275/55/20, color matched handles. That's it for now...EDIT, I forgot about the Borla Pro XS muffler.

Last edited by Leevon; 11-21-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Very sharp.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

impressed
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

that looks clean cuz where did you get the kit from?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks awesome. I like your helper in the first picture. I see he's about to write his name in the side with a screwdriver. lol. Did you buy the wheels already chromed or did you have them chromed. Truck really looks clean. Good Job.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the compliments guys. Nicky the kit came from latemodelrestoration.com aka ckresto.com, they beat everybody by a mile and had free shipping. The helper bags came from gcustoms.com.

My only problem with the DJM is that I now have 1" of chevy lean and the driver tire rubs a bit. Gotta get that taken care of.

KA41 the wheels came from wheelsandcaps.com, I believe they are factory aluminum wheels chromed by somebody other than GM. Price was right and the chrome perfect. Mini-me there knows whats up with Daddy's rides and I think he's gonna be a good wrench. I gave him a 7/8" wrench to keep him busy the other day and he came back and asked for a smaller one, so I gave him 1/2". The next day he got on his bike and at the end of the driveway his training wheels flipped straight up and he crashed...he had "fixed" them. He's 3!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much did it set you back when you got the drop for the truck and what did the kit consist of
Old 11-22-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leevon
Thanks for the compliments guys. Nicky the kit came from latemodelrestoration.com aka ckresto.com, they beat everybody by a mile and had free shipping. The helper bags came from gcustoms.com.

My only problem with the DJM is that I now have 1" of chevy lean and the driver tire rubs a bit. Gotta get that taken care of.

KA41 the wheels came from wheelsandcaps.com, I believe they are factory aluminum wheels chromed by somebody other than GM. Price was right and the chrome perfect. Mini-me there knows whats up with Daddy's rides and I think he's gonna be a good wrench. I gave him a 7/8" wrench to keep him busy the other day and he came back and asked for a smaller one, so I gave him 1/2". The next day he got on his bike and at the end of the driveway his training wheels flipped straight up and he crashed...he had "fixed" them. He's 3!
Looking good!!!
When you mention the Chevy lean lean are you referring to the drivers rear being lower than the passenger rear wheel? Or is this a front end issue?

I installed a set of 2" drop shackles on my NNBS CC while removing the blocks this week. Driver side sat about 3/4" lower than the rear passenger side. Passenger side was level with the front. So all was level with the exception of driver rear was 3/4" lower than the rest of truck. Went ahead and re-installed the blocks to bring it back up.

Thought about re-removing the blocks and re-installing the drivers side shackle in the middle bolt hole only leveling it by one inch apposed to two.

Also placed an order for a set of Ground Force 2" drop spindles, should be here and on within a week or so. Will probably go ahead and re-remove the blocks while working it over.

Oh yeah the above measurements were with half a tank of gas.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nicky g
how much did it set you back when you got the drop for the truck and what did the kit consist of
It was $670 plus tax and $15 shipping. The DJM kit is upper and lower control arms and a rear flip kit. The front is easy, the rear is kind of a pain because you have to remove the rivets on the stock hangers and cut the bump stops off. Here's a link: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS

Shupe, the lean is definitely coming from the driver front. Something was done during the alignment because it measured perfect right after I finished. I've posted on another forum and everybody is scratching their heads, I just have not called DJM yet. Can you post pics of your truck? And if you ever make it out to Pea Ridge stop in! I'll be around all weekend. You're not related to any Shupe from Green Ridge, Mo are you?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the drop is perfect, props on that. not sure I like the GMC rims on the Chevy body...but other than that its clean. some red mirror caps will finish it nicely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '08 on 3/6 DJM