Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Where do I get 99-06 white door handles?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I get 99-06 white door handles?!?!

I've been looking online forever and cannot find any sets. I have a white 03 GMC ECSB and just want want to liven up the look with some white door handles. I'm thinking I may need to go down to my local wrecking yard, but their 8-5 M-F hours conflict with my identical work schedule. Being an extended cab I only need 2. Also would like to find the white tailgate handle and bezel.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Probably be easiest to find the paint to match handles and paint them or get them painted, rather than finding used ones. Especially with the tailgate handles breaking as often as they do.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Just buy the parts new and have them painted to match..... it's not that expensive and finding a nice set that don't look like junk at a wrecker is getting slimmer and slimmer on these trucks.

You might find the door handles off a Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, etc.... but the tailgate handle is nearly impossible. Plus even GM is screwed up.... you can order this stuff prepainted and yes they would have white. Since my 04 is an oddball color I ordered pewter because it's a nice neutral color and got them to bring in a prepainted tailgate handle and bezel...... Yeah..... The parts show up and it's literally the regular old textured black junk shot in color.... so still has the same pebbly finish. No thanks lol. Bought a Dorman Bezel that was smooth and then sanded the handle itself down and had them shot in Spiral Grey Metallic.

When we ordered the tailgate handle it was for a Sierra Denali..... so it should have been the smooth finish lol.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
Just buy the parts new and have them painted to match..... it's not that expensive and finding a nice set that don't look like junk at a wrecker is getting slimmer and slimmer on these trucks.

You might find the door handles off a Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, etc.... but the tailgate handle is nearly impossible. Plus even GM is screwed up.... you can order this stuff prepainted and yes they would have white. Since my 04 is an oddball color I ordered pewter because it's a nice neutral color and got them to bring in a prepainted tailgate handle and bezel...... Yeah..... The parts show up and it's literally the regular old textured black junk shot in color.... so still has the same pebbly finish. No thanks lol. Bought a Dorman Bezel that was smooth and then sanded the handle itself down and had them shot in Spiral Grey Metallic.

When we ordered the tailgate handle it was for a Sierra Denali..... so it should have been the smooth finish lol.
Yeah the sierra denali would be the only truck they came on. Not exactly a standard find haha I'm glad you mentioned this.

I may still check out my local wrecker on a lunch break just to see if they have any nice ones. I like taking a chance if it means I can save some money. But buying new and getting painted probably wouldn't be so costly.

I'm just shocked that nobody sells these white handles new. Would make things so much simpler. I have even found new black painted ones for real cheap.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Last I checked, GM still had New white tail gate handle and bezel for the tail gate. But there not cheap...

Door handles are only sold paint to match now.

Gm has discontinued alot of stuff for these trucks...
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Now that I think about it more, new parts would be nice to have. My 13 year old handles definitely show a little wear and whatever I find as the wrecker will be about as old as mine. Think I'll go this route.

Thanks for your input!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts

Just be sure to go ahead and buy OEM on the handles. They're cheapo enough as it is, in terms of materials and quality...but if you think they're bad, you haven't seen how crummy the aftermarket ones are.

Richard
Old 04-04-2017, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I swapped my oe ones out for the chrome dorman handles, still have the oe black ones in a box somehwere just in case. As far as the tailgate handle i have had better luck so far with the aftermarket ones not breaking... i went through4 from gm before i got tired of replacing it, got a dorman and havent had a problem since.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

i've been searching for Denali or Escalade handles in white for my truck no luck every time one pops up on an "auction site" its scratched or chipped

just going to order paintable replacements and get a couple spray cans from the dealer
Old 04-04-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a set of what I believe to be factory painted white door handles on my truck (on there when I bought it) that I would be willing to let go if someone could send me a set of the regular black handles. They are the only thing color matched on my truck so it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me I have just never had the need or urge to replace them...