Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do you guys think?

after spending about two weeks dealling with the dealership i bought my truck from they finally admitted that the truck they sold me had a tune on it already and that the extended warranty they sold me was void before i even drove off the lot.

i've had the truck for almost 6 months. i asked them several times before i bought it if it had a tune because it felt like it and they said no. then after i bought it about a week later i asked again and the sales guy said he asked they guy who owned it before me(which i just found out today that he works there as a tech) and he said no not that he knew. when i talked the previous owner today(again who works there) and confronted him about it and told him that i tried to put a superchips tune on it and it wouldn't because it was a non factory tune already on it he finally admitted that yes he did put a tune on it.

they also left my truck in the front lot last night unlocked and with the windows down. they didn't even move it. maybe it's just me or the several shops and dealerships ive worked in but, every shop ive worked at has at least moved customers vehicles to a waiting area to get worked on and locked it up if not pull them into the shop so they can start on them first thing in the morning.

what do you guys think the dealership owes me for compensation for this mess. i even had to pull an ace card out of my sleeve for them to finally look at my truck.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They owe you a freaking regular warranty on the truck, or a NEW TRUCK.. They were negligent in selling a truck that wasn't what you thought.. Its not your fault they fuked up
Old 08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Shady shady, hate storys like this
Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

it gets better.

i finally picked up my truck and it's still not fixed. my programmer is still saying it has a non factory tune.

i'm also thinking that there may be a C5 shift solenoid installed as well in the trans.

i'll be barely into the throttle and when the trans shifts it shifts so hard that it'll chirp the tires. i'm pretty sure that's not normal.

and according to the records on the truck it has had trans work done to it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off, somethinf sounds really fishy about all this! If I were you, I would get a lawyer, because if they sold you an invalid warranty...they owe your for goods rendered, simple as that.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Well first off, somethinf sounds really fishy about all this! If I were you, I would get a lawyer, because if they sold you an invalid warranty...they owe your for goods rendered, simple as that.
+1. Get a lawyer immediately. Take them to . Sounds like you have a solid case.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope it all works out for ya. I have yet to see a dealership that doesn't back out of something or another.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

as far as the tranny shifting hard, the tune probably has the line presure turned up for a firmer shift then after the tune the guy probably installed a vette servo without getting the line pressure brought back down some, just a guess, but I would look into getting a lawyer asap
Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you want a stock truck? Just have them give you the warranty and for them to give you a complete list of what is already done to the truck. Hell, the guy might already have a custom tune on it, thats better than a superchips. But, they would give me my warranty and in writing, it was already modified when it was sold so why void it now.