Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Well had a bad situation last night but gonna end up good...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fortplainman
sorry to dig this but i saw you were getting a 6.2. now i know you were getting it before your 5.3 did this, but this is horrible man, effects the money you would get selling it if you dont rip it apart to find out. gona keep up with your posts to see what goes on with the 5.3 and what your build on the 6.2 is gona be like. hard lesson to learn but now you know from now on.
Yes sir the 6.2 is going in this week and the truck should be up and running good by this weekend. The 5.3 still runs doesn't smoke or anything but does have a knock in it so once I get it to the garage and tear into it I'll see what went wrong and what broke and replace the parts with some nice forged parts. Good thing is right when I cranked it over and heard it I shut it off right away and truck has been sitting since then. Good thing my buddy is taking care of the swap for me as I been here at work since then. Right now I'm guessing I bent a rod but will see. As for the 6.2 right now plans for it is of coarse to swap over the turbo to it put a custom pat g cam and run it like that until I get my big motor built (LSX) should be plenty fun and will give me time to build up the trans difs gears and drivelines to handle the extra power the big motor is gonna put out. I'll def keep everyone updated on the progress of the 5.3 my truck and of the new motor.