Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

? and a Rant Kinda Long

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? and a Rant Kinda Long

Well Thursday I was off from work and I trying to clear some DCT's and my cluster started to stick ...So I took it to the dealership I had my letter an the guy checked everthing out and said they will have 1 tomorrow...Ok well I had to work today and my wife took the truck down at 9oclock he told her to come back at 1o clock ( Itll take 15 minutes ....He comes back give 30 more minutes...Then he tells okay that he cant program the computer>>> what f--cking computer I said to myself ...And he comes in and tell her he replaced the cluster.... She dont any thing about a cluster so I told her I can tell if it been replaced because 1 of the lights is out...........I get home and that FAT AZZ SON OF B--CH did not change anything.....Now my question is do they have to go through the PCM because if not Im going to chew his azz a new ONE.....Sorry for being so long I just hate it when someone say they are going to do something and they DON'T. Thanks for listening Kevin
Old 01-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have to calibrate the BCM to the Cluster to update the mileage on the New cluster. But if you have a light out on the cluster, that's proof that he didn't change it. I'd go back and talk to the foreman
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Oh I will... I know you have to update the mileage but my thing is what computer is he talking about and I hope he wasnt talking about my pcm no DICE!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1andOnly
Oh I will... I know you have to update the mileage but my thing is what computer is he talking about and I hope he wasnt talking about my pcm no DICE!!!!
He probably was, Whealey locks his tunes so they wouldn't have been able to do it, but they didn't need into the pcm anyway.
what a dope

Edit: I wouldn't mention that you have a mail order tune. If they ask you should just respond that you don't know why it's not connecting but they shouldn't need into the ECM/PCM to do that.

Last edited by viciousknid; 01-30-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think they will care much about the tune if the trucks got a cam in it and they didnt say anything about the bad idle lol
Old 01-31-2009, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

The miles on a full size truck are only kept in the cluster, not any where else. You don't even need the truck to program the miles in the cluster. Other wise the guys on e-bay could not program your miles and send you a cluster.

Here is a GM bullitan on where mileage is kept, some in cluster, and some in BCM.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...howtopic=80996
Old 01-31-2009, 09:05 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They may have noticed that there was a PCM update for your truck and tried to flash it in...may be trying to make a quick easy warranty buck. Just tell them that you only want the cluster fixed. dlstewart01 is correct about the mileage and run-hours, the guy that programmed mine did it with the cluster on the bench
Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Well I cooled down... But he asked me if I had a cam and I told him yes and he said it sounded good.And when my wife took it down there for some reason he was trying to get tothe computer...Anyways you guys know where Ill come Monday morning...Thanks for all the help and enjoy the SuperBowl!!!!