Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

procharger install manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zachman89 how would you route the oil seperator? Is there another diagram you can show me?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Baltimore Whore

Yes that port will work. Bypass and blow off work different from one another. The by pass stays open the entire time while not in boost, then when you boost the pressure from the intake mani pushes it closed. I would, I know some will say other wise, for the time being just vent the pass side valve cover, cap the TB off. I I have been running this way for 4+ years now, not a issue.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Also here is where my bypass is mounted. Vac line then goes to the intake mani. Also my blower was off a car, has since had the gear slinger re-clocked. Your procharger tab will want to face up like in the link I posted. I have the old style brackets, but located my pulley's in the same place they are on the new style brackets.

You really need to polish that alternator. It looks like ****.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really dont HAVE to run a catch can. As long as youre not getting a bunch of oil mist in your intake and not boosting your crank case youll be fine without one. As far as the orientation of the brackets goes the larger one is pretty straight forward, the smaller one I can walk you through it pretty easily or try to find a picture of it on my truck that shows it a little better. Like mangled said, you want the tag on the head unit facing straight up and the outlet will be pretty close to pointing straight down. You wont have to "clock" the blower at all, its set up to be mounted just the way it needs to be on your truck as it was on mine. And like I said before man don't hesitate to give me a call or a text, if i cant answer right away i'll get back to you for sure.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
You really need to polish that alternator. It looks like ****.
I think the one in my 04 will beat that...

not sure if it's worth the time to clean or just get a new one LOL
Old 07-24-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zachm89
You really dont HAVE to run a catch can. As long as youre not getting a bunch of oil mist in your intake and not boosting your crank case youll be fine without one. As far as the orientation of the brackets goes the larger one is pretty straight forward, the smaller one I can walk you through it pretty easily or try to find a picture of it on my truck that shows it a little better. Like mangled said, you want the tag on the head unit facing straight up and the outlet will be pretty close to pointing straight down. You wont have to "clock" the blower at all, its set up to be mounted just the way it needs to be on your truck as it was on mine. And like I said before man don't hesitate to give me a call or a text, if i cant answer right away i'll get back to you for sure.
yeah i felt like i was bugging you too much on the phone, plus i figured if its on the forum someone else can look it up. As it is now my driver and passanger side valve cover ports are both open. Should i run the filter hose to the driver side valve cover and leave the passanger open for now?

Oh and thanks mangled for correcting my mistake about the difference between a bov and a bypass valve. You did it in a way that i didnt feel like a newb and i appreciate that.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

One of the valve covers (mine is the drivers side) needs to be routed to the intake manifold like factory. This is why on my truck since I was picking up oil vapors from the valve cover in the intake manifold i installed the catch can to prevent the oil build up. I wouldnt run the line coming off the filter directly to the valve cover, you'll just suck oil vapors straight through the filter and head unit. Id recommend picking up a catch can just because its cheap insurance to keep the oil vapors at bay. Run a line from the valve cover to the catch can, then back out of the catch can to the intake manifold. Run a T just before the intake manifold and split it off to the line coming off the filter. Grab that one way check valve we were talking about as well and put it in the hose coming directly off the intake manifold before the T. That way when you go into boost the check valve keeps you from blowing pressure back through the line to the catch can and back into your crank case. I can sketch it out for you if that would make it easier, haha. I just can't draw so it'll be ugly.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zachm89
One of the valve covers (mine is the drivers side) needs to be routed to the intake manifold like factory. This is why on my truck since I was picking up oil vapors from the valve cover in the intake manifold i installed the catch can to prevent the oil build up. I wouldnt run the line coming off the filter directly to the valve cover, you'll just suck oil vapors straight through the filter and head unit. Id recommend picking up a catch can just because its cheap insurance to keep the oil vapors at bay. Run a line from the valve cover to the catch can, then back out of the catch can to the intake manifold. Run a T just before the intake manifold and split it off to the line coming off the filter. Grab that one way check valve we were talking about as well and put it in the hose coming directly off the intake manifold before the T. That way when you go into boost the check valve keeps you from blowing pressure back through the line to the catch can and back into your crank case. I can sketch it out for you if that would make it easier, haha. I just can't draw so it'll be ugly.
It was an ugly drawing, but i got it finally . Im waiting on pushrods then ill start doing the swap. Ill keep you posted.