GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:48 AM
ltn
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem fixed

Ok well i fixed the problem with the reduced engine power message by taking the e fans off and the fan harness and then putting the stock fan back on. However, i do want to put these ls1 fans on my truck i think i just need some help. If anyone can help me that would be great. I will give you some of the stuff i did. I put the pin into the 42 slot so my pcm would activate it and yes i did get my pcm tuned. Then i hooked up the power to the power terminal under the fuse box. However i attached it to the black positive wire that is on the left side if u are looking at it from the side of the car. Now i do not know if this is the right one and if it is not can someone tell me which one to use. Now i know the a/c hook up works because when i turn the a/c on and the fans turn on. I grounded it to the little metal brace that is right over the battery. Now i dont know if this is the right place to ground it. Let me know on this. Basically that is it so i know it has to do with the hook up because when i put th stock stuff back on it worked fine. So any help would be much appreciated and sorry for the long post. thanks again.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Did you check the PCM wire for a signal? I think there are 2 pin #42's one on each connector. I'm not sure if the PCM sends a ground or +12 volts. Double check your ground connection with a test light, and run a jumper to the relay to activate it to make sure it's working. What code did you throw? If you went to reduced power there should be a code

Dave
Old 06-12-2006, 09:27 AM
ltn
On The Tree

yeah it was something with the throttle postion being stuck. also i used pin 42 on the blue connector, are there two on that one or is there just one on the red connector as well. thanks for the help.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

power from under the fuse box? is this a nelson harness? i went to the positive battery (the little red box) for power, grounded on the alternator, pin 42(make sure its pushed ALL the way in. needle helps) and a green wire from the AC. is that how you did it? pin 42 shouldnt just pull out when you take out the wiring harness you should need a pin pusher to get it out.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 AM
ltn
On The Tree

Should do i have to pull out a pin in 42 or is it empty. Also i should connnect it to the little red box and then where is the ground for the alternator. thanks. again.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ltn
Should do i have to pull out a pin in 42 or is it empty. Also i should connnect it to the little red box and then where is the ground for the alternator. thanks. again.
is this a nelson harness? 42 is empty from the factory. but when you push the pin into the slot it goes in ALOT farther than you think. i used a safety pin to push it down the rest of the way in there. you might feel a click when its all the way in. im pretty sure you have to pull the plug from the computer too. i just grounded it to one of the bolts holding the positive terminal bracket to the alternator/powersteering bracket.

you can see my ground in this pic.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
ltn
On The Tree

ok cool thanks, do u think it could be something with the ground and power source and that is why its giving me that code and message? So u connected it to the connector in the red box in the picture. thanks.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
ltn
On The Tree

o yeah also did u just push the pin through the top of the blue connector after u took off the gray piece on top of the connector? thanks again.