Old 12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We like you H777!
Philip S.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Launching!

also remove your swaybar for better weight transfer....it will let your front end come up more for better traction
Old 12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

My front end torques over to much without the sway bar. Feels like the driver front tire comes off the ground.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
My front end torques over to much without the sway bar. Feels like the driver front tire comes off the ground.
isn't that what you want for better weight transfer.....the higher you get the front end the more weight it will plant on the back tires
Old 12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

the weight thing on the back of the truck helps for traction out of the hole, but will kill the overall time if you add too much.... i guess it's give a little and take a little

as far as the clamps go... I bought a pair of them months ago and I had to return them B/c they didn't fit over the overload leaf end... the lead was simply too wide to get the clamp to slide around it. Either way, the parts and harware were real cheap, so I retuned them for some armoral and I still have wheel hop...

I agree that this is a good mod, but unless another company makes these things, then it's not going to work on my truck.. I am just going to hold off until i get the Coilovers and 4-link installed.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
the weight thing on the back of the truck helps for traction out of the hole, but will kill the overall time if you add too much.... i guess it's give a little and take a little

as far as the clamps go... I bought a pair of them months ago and I had to return them B/c they didn't fit over the overload leaf end... the lead was simply too wide to get the clamp to slide around it. Either way, the parts and harware were real cheap, so I retuned them for some armoral and I still have wheel hop...

I agree that this is a good mod, but unless another company makes these things, then it's not going to work on my truck.. I am just going to hold off until i get the Coilovers and 4-link installed.

you know you can make your own spring clamps cheap and easy.... that are wider to work on your truck.....measure your leafspring then take 1/4 inch thick plates and drill 2 holes in them a little wider then your springs then get some long bolts to go through the holes put a nut and washer on it and tighten them down to close the springs this is how they did it in the old days before you could buy them in the store....people still make them ....it's not hard to do
Old 12-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Launching!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

if anyone is having problems with traction and bad 60ft times the extra weight in the back will more then off set the extra weight.....lets say someone with 425hp at the wheels is only getting 1.9 60ft times then adds 125 pounds of weight to the rear and gets 1.7 60ft times with the extra weight .......thats a loss of 2 tenths in the 60ft .....2 tenth drop in the 60ft = 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile - the tenth you lose with the extra weight and your still 3 tenths ahead with the extra weight......you can have all the power in the world if you cant get it to hook then your not going to run up to par......so if your having traction problems the extra weight to the rear will be more then off set
Old 12-16-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

How about the problem of spinning the tire on the rim? I'm not putting screws in my nice rims and street tires. I usually only run 25psi because i dont carry loads and the tires are so wide. More psi and they wear funny.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have that problem with my slicks.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
How about the problem of spinning the tire on the rim? I'm not putting screws in my nice rims and street tires. I usually only run 25psi because i dont carry loads and the tires are so wide. More psi and they wear funny.
go to a motorcycle shop and get some bead lock glue this will help from spinning the tire on the rim.....it works and you dont have to screw up your rims.......i use to have the same problem with my 8 second drag bike i did not want to put screws in a $1000 rim so i tryed the bead lock glue and it worked

Quick Reply: PAGING: h777