Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

PAGING: h777

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAGING: h777

I know you troll around here, so I thought I'd ask you here.

Where can I get some of those spring clamps? Did you just use them for the front of the overloads or front and rear? Do you have a pic of them??
Old 12-13-2004, 10:57 AM

Hey Flyer, sorry to jump this thread but I can answer that, AutoZone has them for about $10 where I live. You install them on the front overlaod lower springs, as far forward as they will go. If they don't do all the way to the front at first, tighten them down some then use a C clamp to hold the spring in place. When the C clamp is tightened down, loosen the spring clamp some and slide them as far forward as possible. I got a 1" drop from them, I don't have them on right now or I would take a pic for you. I took them off because the truck went in for some service and I didn't want the dealer giving me **** about them, I haven't put them back on yet.
Jim
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Okie. I was messing around back there the other day when I was putting the axle shims on. I got 2 floor jacks and put them under the overloads. It picked up my pinion angle ust a little. It was close to straight after that. I remember he said they were cheap and easy to use, but I've never seen them anywhere before.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go look for them today while I'm out.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flyer
I know you troll around here, so I thought I'd ask you here.

Where can I get some of those spring clamps? Did you just use them for the front of the overloads or front and rear? Do you have a pic of them??

flyer you can also get the spring clamps at pepboys for $10 bucks ......are you going to use them for lowering your truck or for traction .....if your just looking to lower the rear 1 inch then all you will need is one clamp on each leaf spring.......i use two clamps on each spring on the overloads.... one on the front of overload and another 5 inches back this will lock the springs together and act like traction bars.......(cheater traction bars) i also painted mine black to hide them......they helped my longbed truck get a 1.7 60ft with stock suspension........
Old 12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by h777
flyer you can also get the spring clamps at pepboys for $10 bucks ......are you going to use them for lowering your truck or for traction .....if your just looking to lower the rear 1 inch then all you will need is one clamp on each leaf spring.......i use two clamps on each spring on the overloads.... one on the front of overload and another 5 inches back this will lock the springs together and act like traction bars.......(cheater traction bars) i also painted mine black to hide them......they helped my longbed truck get a 1.7 60ft with stock suspension........
H777- do you mind posting a picture of this so I can take a peek?
Philip S.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm trying to use this to straighten my pinion angle out some. I think if I do just hte front of the overloads, it will pick the nose of the pinion up a little.

I have some trac bars, but they don't seem to be working. The best 60' I've pulled off with ET Streets it a 1.86 running 12.6's in the 1/4.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBlockChev572
H777- do you mind posting a picture of this so I can take a peek?
Philip S.
heres a picture of what the spring clamps look like i painted mine black to hide them....pic shows crome.....if your going to use them for racing use two on each leaf spring about 5 inches apart this will lock the springs together for less wheel hop and better traction they also lower the back of the truck 1 inch....

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....emi/180578.jpg
Old 12-13-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Thank you very much!
Philip S.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I picked up a set at AutoZone today. O'Riely's didn't have them though.

Thanks!

I'll let ya know what they do for the truck when I put them on.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

777, you pulled off a 1.7 60' with stock tires and no stall? I guess i need to look into some of your traction mods. I know some guys with 375+ at the wheels and 3500 stalls not pulling those kinds of 60's even in 4wd.

Quick Reply: PAGING: h777