Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

this is not a joke.....my neighbors dog ate my LS1Edit Cable

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: this is not a joke.....my neighbors dog ate my LS1Edit Cable

I am purchasing a new copy of EDIT from Carputing as soon as I pay off the original $500 on my credit card.......I have learned my lesson about buying software from e-bay

as for the comment...I think it's uncalled for......I will be glad to post the entire e-mail corespondance between myself and Carputing in which I myself state that through my own stupidity it looks like I am trying to get something for nothing

I understand Carputings' point of view, they did not sell me the software, therefore they will not warranty or replace a damaged interface box

all I am frustrated at Carputing for is not being willing to SELL me a new interface box (even if it is $200-$300) I would be more than willing to PAY for a replacement box

I do not agree with the "hacking the box" and probably shouldnt have posted about building one, I am sorry for that and do not want anyone to give me a schematic or digicam pics of the board......period.

I am just frustrated at being out $500....for some of you that is nothing but to me it is a major purchase

sorry to have caused trouble and made myself look like a liar and a thief.........
Old 06-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yelo - I wasn't trying to make you sound like a bad guy. I just wanted to hear the whole story, that's all.

I agree that some of Carputings practices are frustrating but, right now as we all know they are the only ones that sell a editor that allows so many features so I don't see them changing their practices anytime soon.

This is one reason I won't buy anything off of Ebay.....EVER. Sorry you had to purchase a whole new setup.

John
Old 07-09-2003, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yelo, I understand where you are coming from and $500 is a big purchase for me too. I am tryig to build a nice truck one piece at a time and it take me a while to round up 500 bones. I feel your frustrations, but we all live and learn.