Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Just finished installing a new truetrac

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished installing a new truetrac

i just installed a new truetrac due to the illustrious engineers at gm putting inferior componants in an american made vehicle. so....went like clock work..installed the pinion with the factory shim....installed the carrier with the two factory thick shims that are .243 thick. there was a shim that was about .080.so i removed it and installed a shim that was .065 thick.installed the carrier snugged the bolts,marked it with the yellow marking stuff for a pattern and the pattern was dead nuts on.the play was .008. went for a test drive and no whining.even had a guy sit in the back to go around the block and he said he dont hear any whining as well. for those of you who told me on past posts that i cant go wrong with a truetrac....thank you very much for your input and help. the people on here have definately been a tremendous help. thanks to all. if anybody has any question about the installation of one and would like an opinion or tips....feel free to drop a pm to me and i will be glad to help ya out. thanks fella's AND THANKS TO RONS MACHINE SERVICE FOR THE FAST DELIVERY OF THE MASTER INSTALL KIT I ORDERED. buy your parts from them... garunteed they will be correct when you get them
Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER92
i just installed a new truetrac due to the illustrious engineers at gm putting inferior componants in an american made vehicle. so....went like clock work..installed the pinion with the factory shim....installed the carrier with the two factory thick shims that are .243 thick. there was a shim that was about .080.so i removed it and installed a shim that was .065 thick.installed the carrier snugged the bolts,marked it with the yellow marking stuff for a pattern and the pattern was dead nuts on.the play was .008. went for a test drive and no whining.even had a guy sit in the back to go around the block and he said he dont hear any whining as well. for those of you who told me on past posts that i cant go wrong with a truetrac....thank you very much for your input and help. the people on here have definately been a tremendous help. thanks to all. if anybody has any question about the installation of one and would like an opinion or tips....feel free to drop a pm to me and i will be glad to help ya out. thanks fella's AND THANKS TO RONS MACHINE SERVICE FOR THE FAST DELIVERY OF THE MASTER INSTALL KIT I ORDERED. buy your parts from them... garunteed they will be correct when you get them
also if anybody has a future question about if lights on the dash come on.... i drove 22 miles up 295 north and back and i still have no lights that came on in the dash.only the speedo off by 8 mph and it only goes 92 mph before the speed limiter shuts it down. for now guess i can live with it til i can get to the wheatley tune.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats on getting it installed. I just finished installing mine last weekend myself. Put 300+ miles on it so far and all is nice and quiet. You should enjoy it.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deffinitely a must have mod!!

congrats!!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Going from a one wheel peel to a truetrac was awesome. It's definitely a great mod, also got mine through rons
Old 10-30-2010, 05:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be doing this when I take my truck out of storage next spring.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:12 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This and 4.10's are next mods on the list...front diff is shot and my G-80 started doing the one wheel peel...gotta get caught up on some bills first. Glad it went well for you man