19.89%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

How much $$$ do you have in your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ I disagree
The more you spend the more money flows thru the American economy. Yes, over-extending credit is no good but buying american performance parts keeps the wheels turning!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
I added a new option to your poll for those of us who suffer obsessive compulsive disorder...I hope you don't mind (i'll remove it if you do)
because of you I had a place to vote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

^^ I disagree
The more you spend the more money flows thru the American economy. Yes, over-extending credit is no good but buying american performance parts keeps the wheels turning!
Come on Bill how many performance parts on your truck are made in the US? You are probably one of those people that thinks because you buy from wal mart which is a us company that you are helping stimulate the us economy. Now that fact that you have Rick do all your work THAT is helping stimulate the economy because with the labor he charges you he can go spend at the strip club or wherever and that exchange keeps the circle moving. People living on credit doesn't stimulate the economy, if you paid your truck off and cut down greatly on the interest you are paying then you could buy more performance parts with money saved. I know this subject hits a little close to home for you since you have spent over 20K and are still making a note, my posts aren't a jab at you or anyone else. I could give a rats *** who mods their truck and stills pays a note I was just wondering if anyone had good financial reasoning behind doing it that's all.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:29 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, I don't buy much from Walmart
I work in American manufacturing. I am fairly consious of the products origin that I buy. I don't take it as a personal jab, no worries.

At least my engine wasn't made in Japan I am ribbing you. As much as possible I buy American as long as I can get a similar quality level. Oh, the reasoning? I want it here, now
Old 07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Come on Bill how many performance parts on your truck are made in the US? You are probably one of those people that thinks because you buy from wal mart which is a us company that you are helping stimulate the us economy. Now that fact that you have Rick do all your work THAT is helping stimulate the economy because with the labor he charges you he can go spend at the strip club or wherever and that exchange keeps the circle moving. People living on credit doesn't stimulate the economy, if you paid your truck off and cut down greatly on the interest you are paying then you could buy more performance parts with money saved. I know this subject hits a little close to home for you since you have spent over 20K and are still making a note, my posts aren't a jab at you or anyone else. I could give a rats *** who mods their truck and stills pays a note I was just wondering if anyone had good financial reasoning behind doing it that's all.
what if they got 0% interest who cares how fast you pay it it'll still be the same price right?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:32 PM

lol, I don't buy much from Walmart
I work in American manufacturing. I am fairly consious of the products origin that I buy. I don't take it as a personal jab, no worries.

At least my engine wasn't made in Japan I am ribbing you. As much as possible I buy American as long as I can get a similar quality level. Oh, the reasoning? I want it here, now
Thats why on my last truck I had to save up and buy my truck in cash because I knew I wouldnt be able to refrain from spending a bunch of money on it. If the economy gets any weaker we will be able to buy stuff from wal mart that is made in the US since the dollar will be so weak it will be cheaper to once again make things here.
Originally Posted by NegraRCSB2X4auto
what if they got 0% interest who cares how fast you pay it it'll still be the same price right?
Thats different then. Me personally I would rather have the title in hand to my vehicle in case something un-foreseen happened I wouldnt have to worry about making a truck note but thats just me.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had about 25K in my Z71 and I've got about 5K in my diesel and that will be it for a while no more mods till its paid for
Can someone explain to me why there are so many guys on this site that drop more money in mods then what they owe on their truck instead of paying it off?
Because mommy and daddy didn't pay for our trucks like yours did. Not to mention the now factor for going fast.......not driving a stock truck like everyone else..........it's in our blood........oh yeah, not as smart as you Cody.

Call me later.....I want to discuss this economy stuff.

James
Old 07-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by closet red neck
Because mommy and daddy didn't pay for our trucks like yours did. Not to mention the now factor for going fast.......not driving a stock truck like everyone else..........it's in our blood........oh yeah, not as smart as you Cody.

Call me later.....I want to discuss this economy stuff.

James
Mommy and Daddy didnt pay for my Z, I sold my S-10 to get the Z you know that ******. If you come down and help me put my Z back together Ill talk to you.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Can someone explain to me why there are so many guys on this site that drop more money in mods then what they owe on their truck instead of paying it off?
I doubt most people just go drop 10k+ on mods all at once, I am pretty sure it is a gradual thing over time....
Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I doubt most people just go drop 10k+ on mods all at once, I am pretty sure it is a gradual thing over time....
I realize that, but at the same time that extra 200 a month could be 200 a month extra on their payment if they were focusing on paying off their vehicle.

Quick Reply: How much $$$ do you have in your truck?