Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Finally, Hypertech for my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, Hypertech for my truck!

I'm keeping you guys in the loop for those who want to be updated about the Hemi Ram's. Hypertech released a Programmer for the 03 & 04 Hemi Rams last month and I ordered one. Up until now, only Super Chips had a programmer and it is only for the 03 Hemi Rams. The HPP is suppose to deliver 16 hp and 27 tq, the 27 tq is at 1200 rpm's which should give more low end. Feedback from the guys who have already gotten their HPP is that it works well and does deliver A LOT more low end. It doesn't do near as much as the HPP's for the GM trucks though, you can't adjust the shift points, calibrate the speedo for tire or gear changes and no shift firmness. You get three options, rev limiter, 87 or 93 tuning and top speed, it's also suppose to reduce TM by 80%. When I got home from work last night (10:30 PM) and my wife said my Christmas present came and it was under the tree. I haven't even driven the truck yet but I wanted to see if it would work since I had the flash done back in October. The flash is a new tranny program for the Tow/Haul mode, most of the guys who have had the flash and get an HPP, the HPP doesn't work and they have to return it to Hypertech. I ordered mine from TSE Truck Stuff they had it drop shipped directly from Hypertech after I e-mailed them and explained about the TSB Flash and HPP's not working with it. Well, it worked! I guess Hypertech sent me the latest upgraded version. I loaded up the 93 tuning, +500 Rev Limiter and 116 mph top speed. I'll drive it this morning after my son leaves for school (neighbors turn to drive). I have to fill up with 91 oct (highest in CA), I have a 1/4 tank of 89 oct now, I may even pour in a can off 103 octane boost since this tank is mixed gas. I'll post another thread on how I think the Hypertech does.
Jim
Old 12-16-2004, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

keep us updated.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04BlackGmc
keep us updated.
Yes, keep us updated.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet! Looks like ya'll are getting progress. I stopped going over to DTW for the most part. It's to much stupidity for me to handle sometimes.

I wonder if this was a rushed product, and maybe that's why they don't have all the other stuff available to change, like shiuft firmness and tire size correction, etc.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Flyer
Sweet! Looks like ya'll are getting progress. I stopped going over to DTW for the most part. It's to much stupidity for me to handle sometimes.

I wonder if this was a rushed product, and maybe that's why they don't have all the other stuff available to change, like shiuft firmness and tire size correction, etc.
I don't think that's why the don't have all the options. My buddy has an '01 Dakota RT. When they finally released a program for him it was the same way. Not many options. I think it's just the way it is if you have a Dodge. He's building a new motor for it at the moment and plans to send the computer of somewhere to have them raise the shift points etc.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Jim, how much was it? My brother just picked up and 04 stripper Hemi. He's interested in a few mods.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Teching In

I have an 04 stripper also so far I have a K&N drop in and a FM 50 dual exhaust, with a 2.19 60' last weekend in cool weather it did a 14.84 at 92mph, I plan on getting some spring clamps and see if I can launch a little harder. I am hoping to get a hypertech for christmas, or B day ( in Feb) and see if they really work. They are fun trucks, yall guys need to make a plan on run at Hallsville again sometime since it is cool out.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flyer
Yep, there is alot of bullshit, I stay out of it.

It may be, the SC tuner for the 03 Hemi Ram does do shift firmness and tire calibration. The HPP does do shift firmness for the 03's but not for the 04's, no tire calibration for either. It may be the totally different PCM's in the 04, maybe it can't be done, don't know. I got this so I could have more power now, SC and Predator are saying in the Spring for their 04 tuners. If they do more and are better, I'll sell the HPP and get one of those.
Jim
Old 12-16-2004, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by GREGGO
Hey Jim, how much was it? My brother just picked up and 04 stripper Hemi. He's interested in a few mods.
Greg! I got it from www.tsetruckstuff.com, http://tsetruckstuff.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=HPPD it's $329.95 but they have a discount code, they tell you about it right on the webpage so it's not a secret. You enter HYP in the "coupon redemtion" spot and you get 6% off and free 2 day air shipping, it came out to be $310.15. I ordered it Sunday night and got it Wednesday.
Jim
Old 12-16-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02BlackZ28
yall guys need to make a plan on run at Hallsville again sometime since it is cool out.
I'm thinking once I get mine situated getting something going on either at RRR or that track down south a little bit. If down there, maybe we could get some of the H town guys to meet us up there.

Quick Reply: Finally, Hypertech for my truck!