Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Dynomax Bullets have to go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax Bullets have to go!

Okay guys i need some exhaust advice. I will be getting long tube headers soon and will be deleting the cats while i'm at it and puttin cut outs in their place. Currently i have 2 12" bullets that are dumped right before the axle, and i'm sick of them. I want a quiet muffler and i dont' really care if its that restrictive becuase i will have the cut outs when i need them. Now the way its setup now is i have true duals and an x pipe. what i want to do is find a very quiet Dual in single out muffler and instead of dumping it before the axle i'm going to get the pipe out the back just like it was stock. What do you guys reccomend me doing? i do not want the bullets anymore at all, plus i heard they sound like **** without cats, i want a quiet exhaust.

thanks
tyler
Old 02-11-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I would personally go with a large case magnaflow muffler. Actually how are you going to run it? If you are staying with dual, then use the magnaflow with the dual in/dual out and the large case. I had the small case like this setup and it was pretty quiet. Other than that, the edelbrock mufflers are pretty quiet or you could go with a 70 series flowmaster, although I highly suggest not going flowmaster.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i was thinking about going with the mangaflow, but i really don't want to have a dual out which would mean i would have to pay extra for the shop to run two pipes out the back insteaed of one, plus i think that would just look goofy in the stock locatoin exit. does manga make a dual in single out? i would just like to get a single in single out but i already have the duals ran all the way to the bullets which are right before the axle.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, they make plenty of single in/dual out. I am guessing that you could just reverse in and run dual in/single out. But don't quote me on that.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Are you planning on getting rid of the "x"? If so, just get a magnaflow y-pipe and run a single in/out muffler.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Yup, didn't think of that one. Good idea.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

well damn, Sierracrew you bring up a good point, i will look into the running a single in/dual out backwards to obtain a dual in/single out, i'll check on that and see which ones you can do that with. but i guess if that don't fly i will do what leochevy2001 is referring to a y-pipe in place of my x-pipe. well i guess i have a solution now, i need to research some mufflers a little, but i think you guys pointed me in the right direction!
thanks dudes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I ran a Dynomax ultraflow welded on my 98 Z28 and it had headers with no cats. It was very quiet! I put a single in/out Magnaflow on my truck, with the 5.3, and it was louder than my bullet muffler sounds inside the cab now. I'd have to recommend Dynomax over Magnaflow just from my experiences. The Magnaflow droned terrible inside the cab, and the truck was pretty much stock. The Camaro was putting 400hp to the wheels and was a pleasure to take on long trips; very quiet inside. Opinions are like @ssholes, but from my experiences, the Dynomax, in the largest case you ca get, will be quieter than the magnaflow.

GregM